Chapter 84

Mj's POV

Both Char and I waited for Austin while he and Ans got ready. "So you think we're bad friends for not going to the show?" She asked me. I sighed and put my phone down. "Yeah but I don't wanna cause any more drama with you know who and his girl" I replied. She nodded her head. "You're not bad friends" we heard from behind us. We turned around and seen Austin standing there. "Well yeah we are" I replied. He sat in between us. "You are not bad friends, this is our last show so maybe I can stay a few days?" He said. We looked at each other. "No, go spend time with Ansely. I'm sure she misses home." I said. "But I" I cut home off. "No buts. We'll be fine. Trust me" char said. I agreed with her and held onto Austin. "When do you leave?" I asked. "Show ends at 9. We leave early tomorrow morning." He replied. Char gasped and sat up. "After the show, come down to the cafe. Mj performs last anyways." She said. He smiled "that's a great plan. I'll let the guys know." I smiled "okay well then it's set." I replied. We all stood up "good luck tonight" I said to Austin. Walking him and Ansely to the door. "Bye ans, record it for me. Only aussies part though!" Char said. "Send it to the group chat!" I yelled as they walked away. She laughed "will do!" She said. We looked at the time, 6:20 pm it read. We grabbed our shoes and started to head to the cafe. We took out time and when we got there it was 7:49 almost 8. "Fashionably late as always" Greg said to us as we sat down. We laughed and gave him a hug.
It's been two hours of listening to great people sing. It amazes me how so many people have great voices but haven't got their own opportunity like I did. "Maddi!" I heard. I searched the room to see who said my name. "Mj!" I heard again then I saw Austin, Ansely and their friends. I smiled and waved at them. They followed Austin to the table I was at with Char. "How was it tonight?" I asked him. "It was great! Seattle sure do know how to party" Edwin answered for Austin. I smiled and we all sat down. "These people are really good" Nick said. "Yeah they are" I replied. We continued to sit and talk. You know catching up with each other. "So Mj, how was the pregnancy while it lasted?" Britney asked. I can't believe she asked this. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. I looked at everyone else and they looked away. Before answering I looked at Zion who was staring down his girlfriend. "It was great while it lasted." I replied. I felt myself wanting to cry. "Well if you excuse me, I'm going to set up" I whispered. "I'll come with you" Char said to me. I smiled and nodded my head. "What a bitch" Charlotte said. I laughed to hide my tears. "Yeah" I responded. We got to the stage and she helped me get my things ready. "What song are you going to do?" Greg asked. "My new song. It's being released in a few days" I answered. Char and Greg both hugged me. "Love you!" Char said to me. I smiled. "Let me go announce you" Greg said. He walked up on the little stage. "To end our night, Maddi will be performing for us" he said into the mic. "Good luck" Greg said to me. I smiled and walked up on stage. I sat down on the stool. "Hey guys! So tonight I'll be singing an unreleased song and of course the highly requested song. Fairplay. I hope you enjoy. This is One of Them Days" I said.

(Play one of the days by Kiana Ledé)

I sit alone minding my businesses, but you ain't with it
I know you want to check up on me, but today I don't want it
Feel like I wanna cry, it's okay
If I forget to smile, it's okay
And if I need some time for piece of mind, it's okay
All that I ask is
Today let me sit in my sorrow
Promise I'll be better tomorrow
The one that you love hasn't changed
It's just one of them days x5

I felt myself begin to cry, it's been while since I've sat and cried. It made me realize how much pain I still have. I just let myself cry, to show that I am strong enough to keep going.

It's just...
I was being pulled different ways, when I needed some space
I know you don't mean it that way, but at the end of the day
I just feel like I wanna cry, it's okay
If I forget to smile, its okay
And if I need some time for piece of mind, its okay
All that I ask is
Today let me sit in my sorrow
Promise I'll be better tomorrow
The one that you love hasn't changed
It's just one of them days x5
It's just...

I opened my eyes, allowing my tears to fall down faster than before. I scanned the crowd, holding a small smile. I saw that some people had tears in their eyes as well. I locked eyes with Zion. You could see the pain that they held. I quickly looked away and closed my eyes again.

I need a day to get my shit together
Need a day to put things back in place
Need a day to just feel like the weather, rain
Need a day to get my shit together
Need a day to put things back in place
Need a day to just feel like the weather
It's just one of them days x6

When I finished the song, everyone started clapping. I smiled at them "sorry, that was a pretty emotional song for me. A little back story of that. I had just moved from LA and I was in a bad place mentally. I had just lost my brother and my unborn baby. So you could imagine what I was dealing with. As time went on, I started to feel like myself again but there was something holding me back. So I did was I do best, I wrote a song." I said. I wiped my tears and smiled. "Anyways, here is FairPlay." I said. I began to sing, putting whatever emotion i had left into the song. Most people knew the lyrics so they sang along. I smiled when I stopped but they continued to sing. I looked over at Charlotte. "Holy shit" I mouthed to her. She laughed and then I continued to finish the song. When the song ended I blew kisses and walked off the stage. "You ready to go home?" I asked Charlotte. She smiled "yes, these shoes are killing me" she replied. I laughed and we walked over to Greg. "Hey pretty boy, were gonna head home." I said to him. "Thanks for tonight, I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked looking at us. "Yes sir" char replied. We hugged him and walked over to the table. "Z and his girl aren't there" char whispered to me. I looked up at the table. I shrugged my shoulders. "We're gonna head home now. It was good seeing you boys." I said hugging them. Even Maggie. "Take care Mj" Brandon said to me. I pulled away from the hug. "Take care of the boys for me?" I asked him. He nodded his head and smiled. Me, Charlotte, Ansely and Austin. When we walked out of the shop, we heard yelling. We looked over to the left, seeing Zion and Britney. "How could you fucking say that to her Brit?" Zion yelled. Britney scoffed "do you still have feelings for her or something?" She fired back. "I told you when we got together that I still love her. That type of love don't go away one day Britney. I don't appreciate you bringing up my baby in shit" he replied. I looked over at my friend. "Let's go the other way" I said to them. They nodded their heads and turned around. "Well that was um something" Charlotte said. We laughed and walked to the next street crossing.