Chapter 19

MJ's POV

I felt my bed moving which caused me to wake up. I felt an arm around me. I heard soft snores from besides me. I looked and saw Zion sleeping. I watched as he furrowed his eyebrows. He was probably dreaming. I slowly moved his arm from me so I could get up. I swiftly got off my bed without waking up Zion. I walked into my restroom and did my business. Once I was done, I walked out of the bathroom and seen Zion on his phone. Once he noticed me, he put his phone down and smiled at me. I smiled back at him and crawled onto of him. I laid my head on his stomach as he played with my hair. "You still wanna go on that date mamas?" He asked. I nodded my head. After a couple of minutes he stopped playing with my hair and moved his hand. I quickly grabbed his hand and placed it back to where he was playing with my hair. He laughed "I thought you were sleeping ma". I looked up at him and smiled "Nah it felt good" I said. "You know what else would feel good?" He said smirking. I rolled my eyes "way to ruin the mood Caleb" I said getting off of him. He laughed and tried to pull me back down. "No bueno dude." I said walking away from him. I heard him groan as I got to my closet. "Caleb, is this date casual or?" I asked looking back at him. He was just staring at me with a smile. I couldn't help but laugh a little. "Earth to Caleb?" I said snapping my fingers. "Oh-uh I- what did you say ma?" I laughed at how flustered he got. "I said casual date or ?" He thought for a second. "Wear some casual clothes ma" he said. I nodded my head and grabbed some ripped mom jeans, a black hoodie with my Kobe jersey to go over it with my white Air Force 1's. I felt eyes on me as I put my outfit together. I slowly looked up to see Zion recording me. He didn't notice me looking at him so I decided to tease him. "Caleb I dunno about this date" I said not looking at him. It was too quiet so I looked up to see him just staring at me in disbelief. I bursted out laughing. "Oh god you should see your face right now." I said walking over to him. I crawled onto his lap, still laughing at him. "Are you done?" He asked annoyed. I nodded my head yes but kept laughing. "Really Maddi?" He said. I took a deep breath and looked at him. "I saw you recording me and I thought might as well mess with him" I explained. He tried to hold back his smile. He crossed his arms and didn't look at me. I kept poking him and trying to get him to look at me. But nothing worked until an idea popped in my head. I placed my hands on both sides of his face and gave him a kiss. It took him a second before he kissed back. I smiled into the kiss as he pulled away. "So is that all I had to do to get a kiss from you?" He said smirking at me. I rolled my eyes at him playfully and got off of him once again. I grabbed my clothes and walked to the restroom to change. I quickly put on mascara and concealer. I left my hair down in its natural waves. I walked out to see Zion making a tiktok. He hasn't noticed me yet so i decided to join him. I jumped in, scaring him in the process. "I'm sorry" I said in between laughs. He stood in front of me, looking down at me with that goofy smile of his. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he does the same. We stayed like this for a while until he spoke. "We gotta stop by my place so I can change and we can go on this date" he said looking at me. "Sounds good to me" I replied while letting him go. Only to be pulled back. But this time, my back was against his chest. "You know I could get use to this" he said. I looked up at him and smiled "I swear you're so corny" I said. He smacked his lips against his teeth "only for you Mj" he said smiling at me. "Come on let's go big head" I said grabbing my phone, wallet and keys. He followed me out of my room. "My head ain't that big though" he said as we walked into the living room. All eyes on us. "Well Zion and I are going out. Let my boys know so Kian doesn't call the cops again." I said grabbing Zions hand and leading us out of the house. "So can I drive your truck?" Zion asked. I stopped dead in my tracks. "Nobody drives my baby. And I mean nobody." I said looking at him. He puts his hands up in surrender. "Well what about the Jeep?" He asks. "Nope not that one either. I mean you did bring your car so it's only smart we take that." I said walking to his car. "Well why'd you bring your keys stooopid" he said adding o's in stupid. "It has my house key on it stooopid" I said mocking him. He rolls his eyes and smiled at me. We get into the car and he immediately grabs my hand. I looked at him and smiled. "Bro you're making me smile like an idiot" I said laughing. "I'd do anything to see you smile or hear your laugh beautiful" he said winking at me. "Man you're lucky I like you, otherwise I'd hop of the car now cause that was hella corny" I said putting my seat belt on. He laughed at me and pulled away from the house. We drove in silence, it wasn't awkward or anything. It was a comfortable silence. I looked over at him, he was singing the song that was playing. I watched as the sang. His voice was amazing, I could definitely get use to it. He noticed me staring at him. "You know it's rude to stare" he said wiggling his eyebrows at me. I laughed and pushed his face playfully. "Oh hush Caleb. I was just admiring your voice" I said. He squeezed my hand gently before pulling up to his lips to kiss it. I smiled as he did this. "Okay so I have a question" I said turning my body to face him. He looked at me "what is it mamas?" I looked at him "would you rather eat a baby goat or a matter baby?" I asked trying hold back my laughter. "A what?" He asked confused. "A matter baby" I said smirking at him. "What's a matter baby?" He asked "nothing baby what's the matter witchu?" I replied. I looked at him and began to laugh. "And you call me corny" he said laughing. Once we calmed down, we had pulled up to the prettymuch house. Zion quickly turned the car off and ran to my side. Opening the door before I could do it myself. I smiled at his actions, "wow, who knew Caleb could be such a gentleman" I said kissing his cheek.