Chapter 11

MJ's POV

It's been three weeks since I've been working in the studio. Tonight I'm releasing two songs of mine, so my friends are throwing a "release" party. Which I'm grateful for but I'm not the party type. Lately my friends and I have been hanging out with the prettymuch boys. And they are some partiers! Always throwing parties. I mean those parties are great and fun but oh my god. They play the same 5 fucking songs plus their own music. Like come on guys. Okay some Trippie Redd or something good. Did I mention that Zion and I have been hanging out? Yeah I honestly don't know how that happened but it did. And let me tell you, Zion is one of the generous guys I have met. Yeah he can be a little slow sometimes but he's actually a good guy. Well from I have seen and witnessed. I'm currently getting ready for dinner with my friends. "Mad dog, you dressed?" I heard the voice call out from behind my door. I laughed "yeah come in Jer" I said. My older brother is back from Afghanistan. He's in the Marine. Has been for the last 3 years. "You know I hate when you call me that Jer" I said smiling at him through the mirror. He laughed "yeah I know" he said. I finished my makeup by putting on setting spray. I spun around in my chair so I was facing my brother. "I'm so proud of you Maddi. You've worked so hard for this. Dad would be proud of you" he spoke. I nodded my head and smiled at him. "Okay should we get going?" I said trying to avoid talking about our dad. He smiled and nodded his head. "The guys are already in their cars"

...

We pulled up to the restaurant, nothing too fancy for us. They guys know how much I hate fancy and expensive restaurants. My brother and I walked in and seen all my friends sitting at a big table. "So will I get to meet this Zion kid?" My brother whispered. I laughed "I don't know what Kian told you but Zion is just a good friend. Plus he's sort of seeing this girl" I whispered back. He simply just nodded his head as we approached the tables. "There's our girl!" Kian yelled. I laughed and hid my face. I've always hated the attention. Jer and I made our to the empty seats as we said hi to everyone. I looked around and noticed Zion wasn't here. I looked over at Austin and he mouthed "with Sammi.. sorry" I just nodded my head. Not going to lie, it hurt. Because as close as we are, I at least expected him to show up to dinner. What an asshole. Everyone was laughing and talking amongst themselves. Jer, Brandon, Edwin and I all had our own conversation. "Your sister is one of the most amazing singers I've heard, besides me" Edwin said. I rolled my eyes at him and laughed. "Edwin and Brandon, thanks for helping my baby sis with this music stuff. It's always been a dream of hers." My brother spoke pulling me in for a hug. It felt so good to have my brother back. "Stop, I have makeup on. I can't cry, not yet at least" I said fanning my face. Everyone laughed as the girls all said "yes sis". Times like these, I want to last forever. Not even half way through dinner, I heard Austin yell "it's about time y'all showed up". I looked up to see Zion with his little hood rat. I mean Sammi. Man she hates me and I don't even know why. Always got a damn attitude with me so now I don't even try to be nice to her. I can't stand that hoe. But I'm too nice to say anything to her unless she tries me. I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh of annoyance. Which my brother heard. "Hey you okay?" He whispered. Before I could say anything he spoke "Don't lie to me too". I rolled my eyes at him. "Didn't expect him to bring her. He knows damn well she don't like me." I whispered back. I didn't even acknowledge Zion and his guest. I simply just stayed in a conversation with my brother. I felt my phone vibrate. I looked at my lock screen to see that Kian had texted the group chat.

MJ & her bitches💋

Bubs❤️
Why did dread head bring her🤨

Jaysea🌊
he knows she doesn't get along w mj

Chels💓
I can't stand her rudeness🙄

Bobs📸
I don't think no one does

Boo 🤩
Should we skip dessert ??

Nessa😻
^ agree w Franny

Me
Please? I don't wanna be near them both. Like first he skips most of dinner for her. And he know she hates me for whatever reason. I just wanna go and spend time with Jer before he leaves tomorrow🤧

I looked up to see all of us looking at each other. Kian and Jc asked for the check before Zion and Sammi could order. "Alright guys, we're gonna head home before the party." Kian said as my friend group stood up. Which caused everyone to agree. The only ones not standing were Z and her. "Thank you all for dinner. But my brother and I are gonna spend time together before he leaves tomorrow." I say standing up. "We'll see you at the party right?" Nick said standing up. "I uh don't know." I said truthfully. I looked at my brother "we can go, but you gotta help me pack" he smirking. I rolled my eyes "fine. We'll be there" I said looking at Nick. He clapped his hands "alright! Me and Mj vs B and Maggie in beer pong" he said winking at Brandon. Both Brandon and Maggie groaned. "Y'all gonna beat our asses..again" Maggie whined. I laughed at them both. "She learned all the tricks from me" Jer spoke. What a cocky son of bitch. I playfully punched his arm "yeah and you learned how to play ball from me" I replied back. He hates when I bring that up. I was the reason why we played football together his senior year. "Yeah yeah whatever" he said pushing my head away. "Aww brother and sister goals" Edwin said. Both Jer and I looked at each other and faked gagged. Everyone laughed at us. "Hi I'm Zion, nice to meet you" we heard. I looked over to see Zion shaking my brothers hand. "Jeremy. And same here" my brother spoke. "Mj told me a lot about you. How's the military?" Z asked. "It's good. It taught me a lot of things. Like how to fight and use a gun. So Zion, don't hurt my sister. Or don't let anyone hurt her" Jer spoke in a intimidating voice. Zion blinked a couple of times before speaking. "Of course Jeremy." He said. I had to bite my lip to keep myself from laughing. I looked over to see everyone else doing the same. Kian and Jc obviously had big smiles. I mean they shouldn't because Jeremy did the same to them. "Okay Jer lets go. I wanna spend time with my big brother before you leave again" I said putting my arm on his shoulder. "Okay, see y'all later!" He said. My brother and I walked side by side before walking out of the restaurant.

( this is sorta a long chapter. And sorry for any mistakes! Hope y'all enjoyed it🙃)