Chapter 56

Austin's POV

Maddi and Chelsey handed out white gift bags. I was opening mine. I threw out the pink tissue paper and pulled out a card and a shirt. I looked at the shirt and read it out. "Isn't it cool? My uncle is in a band" and it was a picture of an ultrasound. I looked up at Maddi and Colby hugging. I felt tears fill my eyes. I quickly wiped them and made my way over to her. I waited for her friends to hug her. "Congratulations Mj. This is amazing, I'm gonna be an uncle!" I said to her as I hugged her. Then it hit me. Is she going to tell Z. I held her a little longer, giving her the comfort she needs. I know how she must be feeling. You know the usual nervousness. I pulled back and asked "are you going to tell him?" I saw the look in her eyes. She then told me to let him figure out what he wants first, who he wants, and when he does she'll tell him. But until then, no one can know besides who she told. Everyone was still celebrating the news. I'm not a drinker so I sat and talked with Maddi and Ansely. "Y'all want to get ice cream?" I asked my two favorite people. "Yes please" they both said. I smiled and we all got up. No one noticed leave, too busy partying. We walked to Ansely's car, I tried letting maddi sit in front but she ignored me and went to the back seat. "Really mads?" I asked sitting up front. She looked at me and gave me huge smile. The whole ride, we laughed and sung. Maddi even showed us some new songs she's been working on. It was only a 15 minute drive to Maddi's favorite ice cream shop. We pulled up to the shop. "Oh did y'all hear about that actress that got stabbed?" Maddi asked us as we walked towards the entrance. I looked up and seen two familiar people. Zion and Sammi. I can't let her see them. "Oh we should go somewhere else" I said stepping in front of Maddi. Her and Ansely both stopped laughing. "Why?" Mj asked. Ansely looked up and saw what I was trying to hide. "Yeah let's go" she said trying pull Maddi. But Maddi being stubborn pushed us and seen them. Her face dropped and she scoffed. "Nah, I want my ice cream. If anyone is leaving it'll be them" she said turning to look at us. "Okay boss" I said trying to lighten up the mood. She smiled and we walked in. "Anyways what actress?" I asked referring to her statement. "Oh Um Reece something" she said. I took a while to think "oh Witherspoon?" I asked genuinely concern. "Nah with a knife" Mj replied laughing. Which caused my girlfriend to laugh as well. Once I got it, I started laughing. "That was a good joke" I said after laughing. I looked over at Zion and his eyes went wide. "Asswipe noticed us" I whispered to the girls. "Don't care." Mj replied as she continued to look at the flavors. "His rat is with him too" Ans said. "Didn't know they let rats in" Mj replied. I laughed because of her comments. "How can I help you?" The waiter asked. "We'll have strawberry flavor and for you Mj?" I asked. She looked up and smiled "I'll have the rainbow sherbet please" she said. The guy smiled at her and kept glancing at her. Maddi being oblivious to this, had zero clue. She just kept looking at the ice cream. Guess her cravings are acting up. We walked over to pay. "That will $14.26" he said to me. I nodded and handed him my card. He then handed me and Ansely our cones. "And for the pretty lady" he said to Maddi. She looked confused and then gave him an awkward smile. "Thanks" she replied. She looked over at us and I stepped in. "Let's go sit" I said. She looked over at me led the way to a booth far away from Zion. We sat down and enjoyed this. Yeah Mj came over to the house when she wanted to it when she wasn't busy but this time, she's actually enjoying herself. "I'm going to the restroom, my bladder has been kicking my ass." Mj said getting up from the booth. "Be back" she said as she walked away. I looked back at Ans "I'm worried for her" I whispered. "I know, but she'll be fine. We have her back." She said. I nodded my head and went back to eating my ice cream. "You excited for tour?" Ans asked me. "Yes and no. Can't wait to see the fans. I just" I started out. "You don't want to be near Zion" Ansely finished my sentence. I looked down and nodded my head. "Yeah. He was so in love with her. I just don't get how he could forget about her at the airport, choose partying over her, and then cheating on her." I said. Ans sighed "I know aus, it sucks but all we can do is be there for her. I mean in a long time, she's been happy." She said. I smiled and nodded my head.