Chapter 20

MJ's POV

After a 40 minute drive, we pulled up to a Laser Tag center. I smiled and looked over at Zion. "Wait is this our date?" I asked. He smiled at me "yeah, I asked Bobby what would you like to do and he said something along the lines of this". I couldn't help but smile "you deadass asked one of my best friend" I was actually surprised. Because not only did he want to go on this date but he asked my best friend what I would like. I'm glad it wasn't some movie date. I absolutely hate not talking and then it just gets awkward. I got off the car only to be faced with an annoyed Zion. "What?" I asked him. "Get back in the car. You didn't let me open the door for you. So get back and let's do this the right way ma" he said. I thought he was joking but his face said otherwise. I smiled because out of all the times I've hung out with Zion and the boys, he didn't seem the type to do this. I put my hands up in surrender and got back in the car. He opened my door and gave me one of his goofy smiles. I grew so fond of his smile. It wasn't one of those fake smiles, it was actually genuine. "Is Caleb happy now?" I asked grabbing his cheek. He laughed "oh very happy Mj" he said. I rolled my eyes and we laced our hands together.

....

"You lost once again Caleb!" I said jumping around him. He laughed and grabbed me by my waist. "I let you win mamas" he whispered in my ear. It sent chills down my spine. "Sure you did babe" I said patting his arm. He looked at me with a big smile. "What Caleb?" I asked. He got closer to me and wrapped his arms around me. "You called me babe" he said leaning down for a kiss. I happily kissed back "well someone had to make the move" I said smirking at him. He scoffed "hey I asked you out" he said but I cut him off. "You May have asked but you didn't say babe" I said messing around with him. "Well babe shall we get pizza?" He asked dropping his arm around my shoulders. "Yes! I'm starving Caleb!" I said pulling him to the small restaurant. I held his hand that was hanging off my shoulder. (Idk if that made any sense) "this was hands down the best date ever" I said looking up at him. "I would have to agree with you on that" he said. We both had gotten done eating pizza. This was one of the best nights I have had in such a long time. All my laughs and smiles were real and I didn't have to fake them. I'm falling for the boy faster than I thought. He is bringing me back to life.

(I know this is a rather short chapter but later I'll post another one! Happy valentines days my loves💓 and sorry for any mistakes!)