Chapter 85

Zion's POV

Hearing Maddi sing live, made me realize how bad I screwed up everything. I told myself it was okay to love her still. But I notice how much better she is without me. I mean she's made some great friends here. But what pissed me off was how Britney asked her about the baby. Like she was trying to get under Mj's skin. So when Maddi finished her last song, I grabbed Brits hand and excused us. I pulled her outside, away from the shop. "What is it?" She asked me. I scoffed "really? You should know what this is about" I replied. Brit places her hand on my arm. "Is this about Maddi?" She asked. I pushed her hand off of me. "What kind of shit was that Brit?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes, "I was just messing with her Z" she replied. "You don't fucking say shit like that Brit. Especially since she had go through that alone." I said. "What's the big deal?" She laughed out. I rubbed my hand across my face. "Really? The big deal is that no person in their right mind would ever say shit like that." I replied. She nodded her head. "I want you to apologize to her Brit.." I said to her. "I don't have to if I don't want to Zion." She stated. I groaned in frustration. "Why are you even acting like this? You're being ridiculous" I chuckled out. "Aren't you a bit angry with her? I mean I would be. She acts like nothing hurts her. She's been avoiding us all except Austin and his girlfriend. I'm sorry Z but Maddi is acting like a fucking bitch" Brit said. I scoffed "how could you fucking say that to her Brit?" I yelled at her. Now it was her turn to scoff, "do you still have feelings for her or something?" She fired back. "I told you when we got together that I still love her. That type of shit don't go away one day Britney. I don't appreciate you bringing up my baby in shit!" I yelled at her. She looked taken back at my yelling. "I'm sorry.." she started out. I looked away from her, I noticed Maddi and her friends walking in the other direction. "You know what Britney. We're done." I said looking at her. "No Zion don't do this" she said grabbing my arm. "Nah, you on some childish shit and I ain't bout it" I replied. "I didn't like what you did, what you said, and how you're acting." I said to her. I watched as she wiped her tears. "Okay. If this is what you want." She replied. I looked at her "it is" I responded. She walked back to the bus. I looked around to see where Maddi went. I heard laughing and I turned around. I saw Maddi and Char holding each other as they laughed with Austin and Ans. I ran across the street, "Maddi!" I yelled. They stopped and turned to face me. "Maddi" I said again. I caught up to them. Putting my hands on my knees. Trying to catch my breath. I stood up, taking a deep breath. "Z you good man?" Austin asked me. I held up a finger, "yeah I am." I replied. They stood there, watching me. "Maddi James, I am so sorry for everything. I know I have said this before and I'll say it a thousand more times. I have missed you so much. There were times where I wanted to come looking for you. But I knew deep down we needed time apart. All you have done is support and love me in way no other woman has. Mj you have made me feel things I ain't never felt before. You told me to get my shit together and I did. Not only for you but for me as well. I love you so damn much that it scares me. I want to love you endlessly. I wanna grow old with you. I wanna have kids with you. Fuck Mj, I just I want to be with you. Because I love you, nah, I'm in love with you." I said looking at her. She stepped closer to me and cupped my face. "So you finally figured out what you wanted huh?" She said smiling at me. I smiled back "yes and that's you. Always has been and always will be" I answered. "Can I kiss you?" I breathed out. She laughed "hurry up before I make the first move again" she replied. I leaned down and kissed her. I will never get use to how her kisses feel. "I love you Mj" I said pulling away. "I guess I love you too Caleb" she said. I smiled and pulled her for a hug. Cheering erupted from our friends.