Chapter 65

Mj's POV

"Maddi, Celine and her team are here" Kian said walking into my room. I smiled "I'm up don't worry. This kid has me feeling nauseated." I replied. He smiled and walked over "I'm excited to be an uncle Mj" he said hugging me. "I know, you all my brothers" I said referring to our guys friends and my two brothers. "Now go get Celine for me" I said pushing him away. He laughed "okay okay" he replied. I smiled and made my bed as they were coming. "Okay you ready?" Celine asked me. I smiled and nodded my head. "Yes ma'am" I replied. The team followed behind her and began to set the things out. "Okay so I brought a couple outfits for you. Since you know" the designer said. He looked down at my stomach and smiled. "Yeah, lets get ready!" I replied. We jammed out to music as everyone started to do their thing. One girl was doing my nails, another doing my makeup and a guy doing my hair. We were all talking and laughing with each other. "What time do we have to get their?" I asked Celine. "In two hours." She replied. "So you excited for the baby?" My hairdresser asked. I looked at him through the mirror and smiled. "I am. I'm hoping for a boy" I answered. "Aww have you thought of names?" My makeup artist asked. "Yeah actually." I replied. They all stopped and looked at me. "Well?" The designer said. I laughed and smiled. "Okay don't tell anyone but I was thinking of Khalil Noah James or I might use his dads last name." I said to them. "Who's the daddy?" My hair dresser asked. "Some cheater in a band." I replied. He nodded his head. "Well if anything, your baby is gonna be cute. I mean look at his momma" Celine said. I smiled and let the team do their job. About 40 minutes later we were done. "Okay now lets grabbed Starbucks and head to the studio." Celine said. "You look amazing!" My designer said. Everyone in the house was hyping me and saying good luck. I gave the team members hugs as they went to their car and we went into ours.

@/maddi.james has posted a picture.

Instagram

Liked by katrinastuartofficial, tarayummy and 78,837 others

maddi.james how I look? Think Ellen will like my outfit?🥴

katrinastuartofficial I'll be seeing you there!!
-maddi.james wish me luck!
-tarayummy good luck babe!🍀

theellenshow look fantastic!!

natemaloley maddi on Ellen? 😱😱

jackgilinsky 😻 maddi went OFF

theaustinporter teach me ur ways!!!🤩🤩

colbybrock give me a shout out!!😉😂

kehlani 😍😍

Tap to view more comments

*talking with Ellen*

"Everyone welcome Maddi James" Ellen announces and I walked out on stage. Smiling and waving. As I approached her, she gave me a hug. "Oh my god it's so nice to meet you!" I said to her as we sat down. "Same here! My wife has gotten me into your music" she said. "Oh wow, really?" I asked. "Yes, you have some great music." I smiled. "So your first single released was Ex, almost a year ago right?" She asked. "Yes, in actually turned one about three days ago" I said. "So tell me the back story of Ex." She said. I nodded my head "well Ex was written after I had gotten out of a toxic relationship. As most of you know, I had dated a youtuber. For about two years. It was just toxic towards the end. And I was always told that I had a good voice so I thought why not write a song. And that's kind of how this all started. I didn't think I'd get this far." I stated. For almost 10 minutes we had talked and gotten to know each other more. "So if I'm correct, you are releasing a new single tonight?" She questioned. "Yes, it's a new single I wrote about my recent relationship I was in" I started out. "Wait you were recently in a relationship?" She questioned. I laughed "well yes, we didn't go public." I answered. "Ooo exclusive tea" she said laughing. "Well I was in a relationship for almost 6 months. I had just gotten done helping a friend out with her song and that night he had cheated on me with a girl that he told me not worry about. And the reason why we never went public is mainly because he's in a band and I was just starting out with my music career. But our fans had always speculated us. In this song, I talk about how I thought we were meant to be and had I always done right by him. But what he said never matched his actions." I said to her. "Well I'm sorry to hear that" she started out. I gave her a weak smile. "Well can we know who this band guy is?" She asked. I laughed and put my head down. "I mean he had spoken about it and I never addressed it so why not. You know the band Prettymuch?" I asked. "No I haven't" she answered. Then someone in the audience yelled "Zion!?" I looked over and laughed nervously. "Well I dated Caleb from Prettymuch. He goes by Zion." I said. "He sounds like a bad boy" she replied which caused us all to laugh. "We'll be right back after this commercial. Maddi will be performing her new single, FairPlay when we get back." She said to the camera. I smiled and waved. For the break, Ellen and I had talked about me and how her wife really loves my song love language. And prepared the stage for me to sing. (Play Fairplay by Kiana Ledé)
"Welcome back, right now Maddi will be performing her latest single Fairplay. Which will be released tonight on all music platforms." She said to the camera. I was given a thumbs up.
The music began to play and I started to sing. The lyrics flowed through me. I had put all my emotion into this song. All the love, anger and sadness poured into this song. I closed my eyes and all the memories of Caleb and I rose to the surface. The ones of us laughing at each other's stupidness. Ones of us hugging and kissing. Ones of us being the sappy couple. Some of us with our friends. Then the video of him and Sammi flashed in my eyes. All the times we argued over stupid shit. And our last encounter we had. And the moment when I had broken up with him. The feeling of being hurt by the one I loved. All the times I cried because of him. The feeling of anger rushed in me for a moment. I was angry that he claimed to love me and protect me but hurt me in the end. For what? For a quick fuck. I opened my eyes and instantly looked at Kat and Tara. They wiped their eyes of the tears that had appeared. I saw Tara mouth "I love you Mj". I felt a tear slip down my cheek. I didn't wipe it, I just let it fall. I heard the audience aww and yell positive things. I smiled at that. "Don't cry!" One said. "I love you Mj" Kat's voice said. I smiled and nodded my head. This song was my way of putting that behind me. Of showing that I could overcome this. And that what he did to me, karma will come back to bite him and sammi in the ass. I closed my eyes and continued to sing. As the song was coming to an end. I wiped the tears and finished the song. I smiled as the music faded out. I opened my eyes and I was brought back to reality. The audience clapped and cheered. Ellen made her way over to me and gave me a hug. "That was so good!" She said. "We love you Mj!" I heard Kat and Tara yell. I laughed "I love you guys!" I yelled back. Ellen gave me a confused look. "My best friends are in the audience for moral support" I said. She smiled "aren't they great friends" I smiled "they sure are" I replied. As Ellen ended her show, she gave me one last hug. I felt great. It was like something I needed, to sing it live.