Chapter 69

Kian's POV

I held onto Maddi, I watched as she brought her hand up. Which was covered in blood. I looked up to the paramedics running to the house. "She's pregnant" Chelsey said as they had surrounded us. I slowly laid us down. "She's having a severe panic attack." One said. The other began to listen to her breathing. "Her breathing is very weak. She could be miscarrying. We need to move her now!" We watched as they put her on a gurney. "I'm going with her. Follow us" I said to my friends as I ran behind the paramedics. I looked over to my right, seeing all the paparazzi's taking pictures, recording what was happening. I guess I wasn't the only who had noticed. I watched as the Marine guys walk over to them. Pushing them back. "What happen?" "Kian is that Maddi that their taking?" "Is she okay?" I heard as the doors closed. I watched one paramedic was feeling around Maddi's stomach. She then pulled out a small device. She moved it around mj's stomach. "John I'm not getting a heart beat!" She yelled. "What? What's going on?" I asked. She looked at me. "I can't find the baby's heart beat." She said. She kept searching and searching but nothing. I felt my eyes begin to water. This can't be happening. It can't. She won't be able to handle it. The death of not only her brother but her baby? This will break her. I held onto her hand as the paramedic watched her vitals. "She's stable for now" she said to me. "Are you her boyfriend?" She asked me. Probably to get my mind off of things. I shook my head. "No she's my best friend. The next thing to family. We had just got news of her brother. He was killed in battle." I said. Not bothering to look up. I just watched Mj. She looked a little pale, her pants stained with blood. "I'm sorry for your loss" she said. I nodded my head and stared down at Maddi. We pulled up to the hospital. She gave the information to the doctors working in the pit. "Thank you" I said to her before she left. I followed the doctors but one stopped me. "I'm sorry, you can't go any further." He said to me. I nodded my head. He walked me to the waiting room. Jc and our friends came running in. "How is she?" They all asked. I looked up at them, holding back the tears. "She's okay.." I stated. I hadn't notice that Austin and his friends were there. Until Ansely spoke. "The baby? How's the baby?" I looked over at her and cried. "The baby didn't make it" I said. Jc wrapped his arms around me. All of us crying. Expect Zion. He was confused. "Baby? She was pregnant?" He asked us. We didn't know what to say. "Who's the father?" He asked us a little more loudly. "You. Zion you were the dad. She saw that you had moved on and didn't want you to know." Chelsey said. He looked at her and for once, I had seen his eyes grow watery. "I was..I was suppose to be a dad?" He asked. His voice cracking. "Family for Maddi James?" A doctor said. I walked up to her first. "How is she?" I asked. "She's fine. We got her breathing stable but her pregnancy was terminated. From all the stress she was under. I'm sorry for your loss." She said. "When can I see her?" I asked. "You can now, but only two people for now." She answered. "Kian you go. You were the closet to her." Jc said. I nodded my head. "Who is coming with me?" I asked. Everyone looked over at Zion. "Come on dreads." I said. He nodded his head and we followed the doctor. "She's asleep now." She said opening the door. I walked over to her and held her hand. "Maddi.." I whispered. I felt a wave a sadness run through my body. Zion sat on the other side of her. Holding her hand just like I did. "I never meant to hurt her." He whispered. I let out a dry laugh. "Then why keep hurting her? Huh? She's been through so much shit since she met you. Yeah you brought her happiness. Temporary happiness I might add. She didn't want the baby since it was yours. But she wasn't going to terminate it nor abandon it. You keep putting her in situation where she fights to get through. The distancing, the lying, the cheating, then getting with Sammi when she was going to tell you about the baby? Yeah what a charmer you are. You know, I was rooting for you both. I thought you'd be endgame. Shit her own brother approved of you. Which is rare. And now that he's gone. She'll be broken." I said looking at him. His head shot up "Jeremy is dead?" He asked. "Yeah, him and three others were killed in a battle." I said. "This is going to hurt her. She won't come back from this." I said to him. He looked down and I seen he was hurt. "If Maddi didn't talk to me, I would've kicked your ass." I said to him. "She's my best friend. My little sister. I don't like what you did to her and what your girlfriend is doing to her. If you loved her the way you claim to, then you'd leave her alone. Let her be happy. Without you." I added. He looked up at me. "You should go. Send Jc in here" I said angrily. He nodded his head and stood up. I watched as he leaned down and kissed her head.