Chapter 23

Jeremy's POV

I had just gotten to the base in Afghanistan. I went into my barracks and unpacked my gear, uniforms and whatever I was able to bring. I grabbed my small metal box. I pulled out my dad's truck rosary, a family picture before my dad had passed away and my favorite thing of all. A small picture of Maddi and I at her graduation. She doesn't know that I had kept this picture every time I'm shipped out. No matter what, I kept this picture on me at all times. Every mission I go on, it's always in my pocket. It hurt to see my baby sister, my only family cry when I leave. But I always cherish the time I have with her. I smiled as I put our picture next to my bed. I found a letter at the bottom of my small side pocket. Whoever wrote this, doesn't have the nicest handwriting. I carefully opened the letter.
"Dear Jeremy,
I'm sure you're wondering who the hell wrote this. Well it's Zion. Or as you call me, dreadhead. Anyways, I plan on asking Maddi out but I thought it'd be best to get the blessings of those close to her. By this time, I asked Kian and the boys. And now I'll wait for your response. I do care about Mj. More than you'll ever know. Shit more than I probably know. Anyways I have zero clue how this works. So uh my skype handle is @Zionthelion69. My number is xxx-xxx-xxxx and my address is xxxx xxxx Hollywood, California. Please get back to me whenever you can.

                                                Your bro,
                                                     Zion Kuwonu

I smiled as I finished reading this letter. It was definitely written in the Zion language. But it's the thought that counts. Shit if I knew he was like this, I would've gave this kid my blessing when I first heard of him. I'll give him a quick text and head out to the briefing. I grabbed my phone and gave him a quick text. Well more of a long ass paragraph explaining what I would do to him if he were to hurt my sister. I want her to be happy and if this makes her happy then so be it. But I want her to also be sure of what she's doing. Shit Zion better keep my baby sister happy.

(Posted twice in one day? Who am I? Lol but anyways, enjoy this! Love y'all! Good night/ morning 💓)