Chapter 6

Maddi's POV

After having breakfast with the girls, we went back home and I had to get ready. I had to go to the studio today. I'm just trying to get these songs out. I grabbed an apple from the kitchen. The boys were playing and making a mess. "Alright guys, I'm heading out. Don't wait up.." I said walking out the door. They were too focused on the game. I hopped into my black Jeep. Music blasting, windows down, the sun beaming bright. It was a good day. Well so far anyways. Since I left the house mid afternoon, there was traffic. LA traffic is the worst. 30 minutes later I pulled up into the studio car garage. I grabbed my things before heading to the elevator. A fear of mine is the elevator stopping, I guess thanks to my older brother for making watch Final Destination, I'm so damn paranoid. I walked out to be greeted by the front office lady, Monica was her name. I said hello and made my way to the studio. I unlocked it and turned the lights on. I put my bag on the table and tied my hair up. "And the magic begins" I whispered to myself. I began writing songs, left and right. They were just pouring out of me. I actually started this one song that was about Colby. What a shocker. I messed around with some beats. Two hours into this, I finally figured got the right beats and began to sing the song I wrote. I didn't hear the door open until I heard a girls voice say "wow that was good!" I quickly turned around and seen this girl with short black hair. "Oh thanks. It's just a little something about an ex" I said smiling. "Well that was good and I felt the lyrics in my soul sis" she said. I nodded my head. "Oh I'm Maggie by the way" she said sticking her hand out. "Maddi, but call me Mj" she smiled. She came and stood by me and looked at all the papers scattered across the table. "You wrote these?" She said scanning through them. "Yep" I said popping out the p. "These are good!" She said looking at me. I smiled at her. "I think we're going to be great friends" she said smiling at me. "Yeah I think so" I said.

....

For the past hour, Maggie and I were recording a song. "Okay maybe we should add some vocals here" Maggie said. I nodded my head and we ended up changing some words, adding vocals and just trying to get it right. "Okay now get in the booth and start singing" she said making "shooing" motions. I rolled my eyes and stood in front of the microphone with the earphones on. "Alright, music is playing....now" she said through the intercom. I threw a quick thumbs up. Waiting for the music to play. (Play Obsessed by Maggie Lindemann// pretend like this is MJ's song. Okay? Okay!)

I began singing, the lyrics flowing through. In this moment, I forgotten about the world. About my situation.

"Baby, you got something special
Your body is a work of art
But we got a little issue
I feel your chest, but I can't find your heart
Got more muscles than the ocean
Sculpted like an ancient god
Full of yourself, but no emotion
Yeah, I like to touch, but I can't feel no love

You're looking in my eyes, just to see your own
See your own reflection, your own reflection
Your body's overpriced 'cause you pay yourself
Way too much attention, too much attention

You're so obsessed with yourself
Maybe you should undress with yourself, hey
I get a table for two, your ego and you
Take him home and make a move
So obsessed with yourself, obsessed with yourself

Baby, like your ladies special
Picture perfect beauty belles
Only looking surface level
That's if you can take your eyes off yourself
Gotta end up with nobody, nobody
Even though we form a line, oh yeah
But I don't even think you're worried
If you've got a mirror, baby, you're fine

....skip to the last verse....

Do it, baby, like you do
I love it and I hate it too
Do it, baby, like you do
'Cause I'm obsessed with myself too"

When I finished the last verse, I looked up to see Maggie clapping her hands. I laughed and walked out of the booth. "Girl that was so freaking good!" She said pulling me in for a hug. "Thank you! Oh my god. I have two songs to release now." I said proudly. Maggie smiled at me and started to record on Instagram. "Hey guys! Everyone go check out my girl, Maddi. She's releasing two songs very soon and they are so fucking good!" She said. I smiled at her "you didn't have to do that Mags" I said. She shrugged her shoulders and threw her arm around my shoulders. "Okay I'm hungry so let's gets some food" she said. I grabbed my phone and wallet. "Okay where to?" I asked putting my sunglasses on. "How about...Chipotle?" She asked. "Yes please!" I said. We both decided to walk since it was only a 10 minute walk. On the way there, we got to know each other more. "Wait so you're best friends with Jack Johnson?" She asked taking a bite of her burrito. "Yeah! I grew up with him and Gilinsky. Went to school with them until my junior year. My dad got a new job here in LA. I went on the MAGCON tour with them for like a week" I said. "Oh my god. How come I've never saw you? I was dating Carter Reynolds at the time" she said laughing. "Wait you dated Carter?" I asked her. She nodded her head and I burst out laughing. "Omg when he told he had a girlfriend, I thought he was lying" I said shaking my head. We both laughed and continued to talk. Once we finished, we walked back to the studio. "Oh shoot. I have to go, here put your number in so we can hangout soon!" She said handing me her phone. I put my number in and gave her phone back. She gave me a quick hug and ran to her car. I laughed as I walked into the building. I bumped into someone, "sorry! I wasn't looking" I said looking up to be faced with a girl. "Oh no worries!" She said. I smiled and we both stood there awkwardly. "Oh my name is Ari" she said. She took off her sunglasses. Holy shit, it's Arianna Grande. What the actual fuck. Omg MJ, say something. I cleared my throat "I'm Maddi but people call me Mj." I said shaking her hand. "Mj.. cute name" she said. I smiled as what I assume is her body guard, walks up to us. "Guess I'll see you around Mj!" She said smiling. "Yeah, see you!" I said walking away. Holy shit, I just met Ariana Grande.

(a/n hey guys! This was kind of rushed lol but I apologize if you see any mistakes:) i went ahead and edited a few parts lol sorry guys!)