Chapter 42

Mj's POV

I cried for a good 10 minutes before I got up from my spot on the floor. I grabbed my phone and called Tara. She answered on the second ring. I could barely get the words out and she kept telling me to breathe. "Maddi, we're turning around and coming to your house okay? I'll be there soon" she said in a calm voice. I finally choked out the word "okay". Zion still stood out front, calling my name. Asking me to open the door. "Please go away Caleb. She won. She got you. If you love me so much, then imagine how this is for me. Imagine the pain I am feeling right now. Imagine how my heart breaks every time I see you." I said through the tears. It had gotten quiet. Neither of us saying anything. Only thing being heard was both of us sniffling. "Okay. I love you Maddi. And I won't stop loving you" he said. My heart breaking at his words. Even though he couldn't see me, I nodded my head. I laid my head against the door and I heard the sound of a car starting. I moved away from the door and sat at the island. Trying to comprehend what the hell just happened in the last 24 hours. I hadn't realized I was still crying. I was so deep in my own world. "Was I not good enough? Am I not pretty enough for him? Did he ever love me? What did I do wrong? Maybe I should have gave him attention. Maybe I should have been more like him." All these thoughts were running through my head. I didn't even hear Tara and our friends walk through my door. "Maddi, love are you okay?" I heard Taras voice. I broke away from my thoughts and looked at her. I looked at her and let out a soft sob. She quickly pulled me in for a hug. She rubbed my back, trying to soothe me. "It's okay. Take all your time Mj" she cooed. She let me cry to her, making me feel somewhat protected. After what felt like forever I calmed down. I wiped the remaining tears off my cheeks and looked at her. Giving her a small sad smile. "Can we leave? I don't want to be here" I asked. My voice coming out hoarse. "How bout we have a sleep over at my place" Kat chimed in. I smiled and nodded my head. We walked to my room so I could pack over night clothes. "So what happened?" Devyn asked cautiously. I cleared my throat. "My boyfriend cheated on me with some girl he use to mess around with before we got together." I replied. They all gave me sympathetic looks. I smiled at them and continued to pack my things in a black backpack. I reached for a hoodie and noticed it was Zion's that I had stolen from him. Well more like exchanged the old one for a new one. I quickly threw it on my love sack and grabbed one of mine. "Okay I'm ready" I said to the girls. They smiled and Kat came up to me, linking our arms together. I leaned my head on her arm and we walked out.