Chapter 36

Zion's POV

I woke up to a killer headache. Last night was a blur, I don't remember even going to my room. After dancing on the table, it goes down hill from there. I groan rolling over on my bed. I heard simba scratching at the door. "Really Simba?" I groaned. I grabbed my phone and opened my door. I heard talking from the kitchen. Simba following me through the house. I got to the kitchen, seeing Edwin and Nick cleaning. "Morning Z" Nick said. I gave a quick nod and headed outside. "Come on Simba, do ya thing" I said. Simba ran out sniffing around the grass. I grabbed my phone and sat on one of the lawn chairs. I rubbed my eyes and noticed multiple notifications. "3 miss calls from Maddi and a text" I said to myself. And that's when it hit me. "Shit" I said. I quickly dialed her number and it rang before going to voicemail. I did this a couple more times before going to the iMessage app. I read Maddi's text. I felt a wave of guilt hit me, I've waited all month to see her and I totally screwed it up. All my texts weren't going through. So she either blocked me or her phone is off. Knowing Maddi, she turned her phone off. I quickly got up from the chair and ran back inside. "Can y'all watch Simba for me?" I yelled running into the kitchen. "Yeah yeah bro. Wait why?" Edwin asked. "I forgot to pick Maddi up from the airport last night and I fucked up Ed" I said. Shit saying that out loud really made me sound like a shit boyfriend. I quickly ran to my room,grabbing my clothes and jumping into the shower. "She's gonna be so pissed at me" I mumbled to myself. As I washing my body, I somehow got soap in my eyes. "Ahh Fuck" I yelled. Fucking karma doing her job.

....

After I quickly got ready and tied my Air Force 1's I ran down to the living room. "Keys are hanging by the door" Edwin pointed to the door. "Thanks Ed!" I yelled grabbing the keys. I ran out the door and got into the black car. Maddi wasn't answering my calls nor texts. "Is she really this mad at me?" I asked myself. It's a good thing she only lives 10 minutes away from the house. I pulled into her neighborhood. I saw her car and her roommates cars parked outside. I looked at the clock 10:45 am it read. As I got closer to her house, I noticed that Bobby was outside with Franny. I pulled up to the house and quickly turned the engine off. I grabbed my phone and hoodies. Yes more than one hoodie. One for me and one for Maddi. "Hey Maddi asleep?" I asked Bobby. He got awkward but responded. "Yeah she is but didn't she ask you to not come?" He asked. "What Bobby is trying to say is, are you sure you want to bother her?" Franny said glaring at Bobby then looking back at me. "I know she's pissed but I have to fix this before things get worse." I said to them. They nodded their heads. I gave them a small smile and walked into the house. Wish me luck.