Chapter 73

Mj's POV

"I don't have a mom." I said to her. I watched as her face dropped. "Maddi don't be like that" she said. I scoffed "like what? The day you walked out on your family is the same day you stopped being my mom. I don't want you here. So do what you do best and leave." I said to her. "At least let me come to the funeral. I want to talk to your dad." She begged. I walked closer to her. "My dad is dead. He's been dead for over a year now. And you're not welcome at the funeral. Or here. So if you show up, I'll have you arrested." I said to her. As I walking away from her she grabbed my arm. "Don't do this Mj" she pleaded. I pulled my arm from her grasp. "Don't make me call the police. Imagine how this is making me feel. You abandoned me. My dad is gone. My brother is gone. My baby is gone. The least you could do is respect me and stay away. You've done that well enough." I said to her. I pulled down my sunglasses and left with G. We sat in silence while he drove around downtown. There was light music playing but no talking between us. I stared out the window and watched all the people walking around. I noticed we were in a familiar neighborhood. I knew where he was taking me. Bettys diner. I smiled and looked over at G. "How'd you know?" I asked. He smiled "Kian told me you use to work her and I figured this would be a good place for you to eat something." He replied. I smiled as he parked his Jeep I was the first off the Jeep and into the diner. "Maddi!" Betty said. I smiled at her as she walked towards me. She held her arms out and I cried. "Aww honey what's wrong?" She asked as her arms wrapped around my small frame. "Jeremy's gone nana" I said to her. She pulled away and her hands came up to my face. "Aww baby, I'm sorry" she said. She held onto me and comfort me. She walked me and Jack over to my booth. Without asking me what I wanted, she wrote down my usual and asked Jack what he wanted. After getting his order, Betty took it to Dan. She stood at the window. Probably telling Dan about Jeremy. "So talk to me. Kian has told me that you haven't eaten, slept nor talk to anyone." He said. I didn't look at him. "I don't know what to say Jack." I whispered. "Tell me what you're feeling." He said. I sighed. "I feel like.. I feel empty. I feel anger. I feel like my heart has been shattered to nothing. My brother and baby are being buried the same day. They died hours from each other. So what I'm feeling is something I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. My ex boyfriend cheated on me with the girl he told me not worry about. My poor excuse of a mother comes back when she realizes the money I'd get from my brother, from seeing me on the news. My brother not got to experience of having a family. Of walking me down the aisle at my wedding. He won't get that. I'm feeling so lost. I'm feeling alone. I could be in a house full of people and still feel alone." I said to jack. I watched his eyes get watery. I felt the tears roll down my face. I don't want to live here anymore. LA has shown me the bad things. Jack reached his hand across the table and held mine. Running his thumb across it.