Chapter 13

MJ's POV

The rest of party is kind of fuzzy. I vaguely remember dancing with my brother and friends. I remember my brother and every guy at the party having an arm wrestling match. I was awoken by yelling. What the hell? I groaned as I sat up, my brother not in sight. But that damn yelling. Whoever it is, gotta shut the hell up or take that shit outside before all hell breaks loose. I grabbed some Advil from my nightstand and a water from the mini fridge. After taking the pills, my bathroom door opened. My brother in his uniform. He's leaving today. I looked over at my clock, in exactly 3 hours, my big brother is leaving me. I didn't notice the tears slipping from my eyes until my brother walks over to me. "Sh sh sh. No time for tears baby sis. We have 2 hours before we head to the airport" he said hugging me. I quickly wiped my tears and pulled away. "Okay. But what's with the yelling?" I said looking towards the door then back to him. He gave me 'oh shit' look. Just then, my door opened. Revealing 7 boys. "What's going on?" I asked them. "Zions girl is freaking psycho!" Nick said a terrified look wash over his face. "That Sammi girl is out there cussing the shit out of Zion. And she's asking for you Maddi" Brandon mumbled the last part. My head snap so fast towards Brandon. I'm surprised I didn't get whiplash. "What? Why?" I asked already annoyed. The boys all looked at each other. "Hello? Is anyone gonna tell me why this bitch is in my house?" I said clearly annoyed. "Zion sorta posted a video of you and him getting a little too cuddly. He even called you mamas" Edwin nonchalantly said. "Where's your little bitch now?" I heard Sammi yell. Damn this bitch don't know how to stop. Before I could rationalize about what I was going to do next. I opened my bedroom door, walking to the annoying yelling. The boys calling after me. Maybe even following me. I reached the end of the hallway to see Sammi pushing Zion. He seemed unfazed by her actions. Like this isn't the first time something this has happened before. I've had enough of her fake ass having nose. "CAN YALL SHUT THE HELL UP? YELLING AT 7:30 IN THE DAMN MORNING. THIS IS NOT YOUR PLACE TO DO THIS SHIT. TAKE YALL ASSES OUTSIDE OR OFF MY FUCKING PROPERTY. AND BEFORE YOU START CALLING ME A BITCH, TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT YOURSELF HOE. IVE BOUT HAD IT WITH YOU SAMMI. YOU HATIN ON THE WRONG THE GIRL. I DONT KNOW WHY YOURE IN MY HOUSE ANYWAYS, YOU WASNT INVITED BY ME OR MY ROOMMATES. HELL IM GONNA HAVE TO STERILIZE MY ENTIRE HOUSE SINCE YOUR ASS IS WALKIN AROUND HERE. IM HUNGOVER, MY BROTHER leaves in less than 3 hours. I was woken up by y'all yelling in MY DAMN HOUSE. So imma need y'all to either shut the fuck up or get the hell out. In fact when I come back, Sammi, your ass better be out of this damn house." I finished yelling. I turned away from them, walking back to my room. "Ain't this some shit" I mumbled. It was extremely quiet when I reached my room. I grabbed some comfy clothes for today and went to the bathroom. I got out of last nights clothes, started the shower and waited for it heat up. I stared at my body in the mirror. I started to get self conscious. I shook off the negative thoughts and got into the shower. I stood still as the warm water hit my back. My muscles relaxed at the contact of the warmth. I couldn't be in here for too long so I quickly did everything before stepping out of the shower. I heard voices coming from my room. I didn't want to be bothered by anyone unless it was Jeremy.

...

After I got dressed and brushed my teeth, I walked out of the bathroom to be faced with my brother and the prettymuch boys. I didn't say anything instead I grabbed my brothers hoodie and threw it on. I could feel their eyes burning into me. "So let's get breakfast before you leave, okay?" I asked my brother. "Oh well I kind of already invited everyone to have breakfast with us. We leave in 5 minutes" he said looking at his watch. I nodded my head and grabbed my black checkered slip on vans. "Okay I'm ready let's go." I said not looking at anyone. Everyone nodded their heads and made their way out of my room. "Wait MJ can I talk to you real quick?" I heard. I looked up to see Zion standing in front of me, I looked over to the guys and they nodded their heads. I sighed and nodded my head. "I guess" I whispered. He pulled me back into my room and closed the door. "Look I wanna start off by saying sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you last night and flirted with you. I'm with Sammi I guess you can say. And you're a close friend of mine. But I don't know man. I guess you were there and my little crush came back when I seen you last night. And I shouldn't have showed up an hour late to your dinner. I'm just sorry Maddi" Zion spoke, looking at the floor. I was speechless. He kissed me? Did I kiss back? What the fuck Zion? God I feel awful. I know how it felt to be cheated on. And that's what he did to Sammi. With me. "What the hell Caleb? You kissed me? Not only that but you cheated on Sammi? With me? God you know how awful that makes me feel? You have to tell her Caleb. Oh my god. I ca- can't deal with this now." I whispered. I slowly backed away from him. He got up and tried reaching my hand. But I backed away. My vision began to blur. "I have to go." I said reaching to my door handle. I felt arms wrap around my waist. "Please. I'm sorry Maddi. I can't help my feelings for you." He mumbled. I froze. But I finally turned around and faced him. "W-What?" I asked. He moved his dreads out of his eyes and rubbed his face in frustration. "I like you Mj. It's okay if you don't feel the same." He said. I reached my hand and placed it on his cheek. He moved more into my hand with his eyes closed. He leaned his head down to mine. We stayed like this until I broke the silence. "Caleb..we cant do this. I think I like you too but we can't do this. Not like this anyways. The timing is just wrong. You have Sammi, your career is taking off. And mine had just begun. I'm sorry Caleb. But if this is meant to be, the universe will bring us together sometime in the future. I hope you understand Caleb." I whispered almost inaudible. I kissed his cheek and moved my hand down to neck. My thumb caressing his jawline as the rest of my were just below his ear, almost wrapped around his neck. I waited for his response. Please say something anything Caleb. I watched as he held his eye shut. He cleared his throat before speaking. "I understand Mj. I do but just know I'll be waiting for you. I'll wait for our time Maddi. It would be pretty stupid for the universe to not let us have our chance but I just have to do one thing before we leave this room" I was confused by what he meant but my thoughts were interrupted by soft lips being placed on mine. I kissed back. Our lips moved in sync as his hands moved to my hips. My free hand moved to the back of his head, slightly moving towards his hair. We pulled away, gasping for air, our heads resting on one another. "I've waited so long to do that Mj" Zion spoke in a whisper. I smiled at his words. "Come on." I said reaching for his hand. He hesitated before grabbing it. We walked out of my room to the guys. Zion let go of my hand as we entered the living room. "Ight let's go get some food y'all" Zion yelled. Acting as if nothing happened. I quickly smiled and walked over to my brother. He wrapped his arms around me shoulders. "¿estas bien mi princesa?" (Are you okay my princess) my brother whispered. I shook my head no. "No but I will be" I replied back. He smiled at me and I returned the smile. We all walked out and got into the ubers waiting for us.

...

After having breakfast with everyone, I mostly kept to myself and only talked when someone tried to converse with me. Right now, I'm at the airport with my brother. Waiting for the time to pass. I could only go so far with him until I couldn't go any further. I have been dreading this moment since he first surprised me. I felt the hot tears roll down my cheek. "I'm gonna miss you big brother" I said looking at him. He gave me sad smile "I'm gonna miss you to little sis". I wrapped my arms around him for as long as I could before he had to leave. "I know you don't want me too, but I have to go now." He said kissing my forehead. Silent sobs left my mouth. "te amo hermano" (I love you brother) I said releasing him from my grip. "también te amo, hermana" (I love you too sister) my brother said. He began to walk backwards and waved at me. I waved back and watched my brother walk away until I couldn't see him anymore. I wiped my tears and made my way out of the airport. God protect my brother as he deploys into the lands of unwanted Americans.

(Can we take a moment to appreciate all military armed forces. They see so many things and experience things we can't understand. They are truly heroes. Bless each and everyone of them. ❤️ btw I didn't proofread this so it might be trash 🙃)