Chapter 51

Mj's POV

Lately I have been in the studio, recording songs left and right. Sometimes I just stay there for as long as I can. Ever since the breakup, I have written so many songs about it. My team had convinced me to take a couple days off. Which was probably more for them than me. I don't mind because lately I have been feeling sick.
I woke up early this morning, running to my bathroom. Emptying my stomach, this has been happening for the past week or so. I'm worried it isn't food poisoning. I'm praying to god it isn't what I think it is. I felt my hair being pulled back. I didn't bother to turn around. I was busy throwing up. Whoever this is, was soothing me. Rubbing circles on my back. Once I was done, I flushed my toilet and sat back. "Are you okay?" A soft voice spoke. I looked over to see chelsey. I gave her a weak smile and nodded my head no. "I- I can't be pregnant Chels. I'm only 20" my voice cracking. She pulled in, wrapping her small arms around me. "We'll get a test today. And if you are, it's okay. You can do this. You have me, your brother and all of our friends here to help you." She spoke as she rubbed my left arm. "I didn't think this could happened. I'm on birth control, he always used a condom." I cried out. I am not ready for a child, I'm too young. I can't raise a baby and have them not know their own father. Caleb, I can't tell him. I cried more to chelsey as she held me. "Shhh let it all out." She said to me. As we sat on my bathroom floor, I had stopped crying and we sat facing each other. She held my hand as I tried to comprehend this whole thing. "How am I suppose to raise a child when I am not mentally equipped for it. My career has just taken off. I'm not even with Zion. It's been almost a month Chels." I whispered out. I looked at her, she didn't know what to say. I mean I wouldn't either. "Make an appointment for today. We'll know for sure. You and I will have this day to ourselves. Just you and me. No one else, okay?" She said to me. I nodded my head. We got up and she gave me a hug before going to her room. I looked in the mirror "how could I be so stupid?" I said to myself. I started my shower and began to get ready. Once I was done, I started to do light makeup. Which included concealer, mascara and filling in my brows. I threw on a comfortable outfit and called in to make an appointment.
"Yes, it's for pregnancy test. I uh need to know if I am. Yeah, Maddi James. Okay, I wanted to do sometime today if that's possible. I'll be traveling for the next week, I'm a singer/song writer. Yes 11:30 sounds good. Thank you"
I heard the line go dead. I quickly grabbed a bag to put my things in. I sprayed perfume on me and went to go see if chelsey was ready. I walked out of my room the same time Chels was walking towards me. "Ready?" She asked. I smiled "yeah, appointment is at 11:30" I said to her. She smiled and nodded her head. "Well it's 8:12 so breakfast?" She asked. I smiled and nodded my head. We walked out of the house and got into my Jeep.

After breakfast, we went straight to my appointment. It was the most anxious drive ever. My anxiety was through the roof. After finding a parking spot, we walked into the doctors office. I guess chelsey noticed how scared I was and grabbed my hand. I signed in and we took a seat. I noticed all the pregnant women sitting in the waiting room. "Am I really gonna get that big?" I whispered to Chelsey. She held back a smile "maybe bigger" she replied. I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Maddi James?" The nurse called out. I looked over at Chelsey with fear in my eyes. She gave me a nod and we both stood up. We walked over to the nurse. "Hi, I'm Janice. I'll be assisting doctor Montgomery today" she said. I smiled at her and we followed her into one of the empty rooms. I sat down on the leather bed as Chelsey took a seat next to me. "Hello Maddi, I'm dr Montgomery ." A red head walked in, she was wearing a nice button up blouse with a black skirt. "Nice to meet you, I'm Maddi" I replied back. She got down all the needed information. "So would you want to do the blood test or the urine test?" She asked me. "Which is more accurate?" I asked. She smiled "the blood test is a lot more accurate. We test the blood for a specific level of hormone." She explained. "The blood test"
I replied. She smiled and nodded her head. "Okay Janice mind getting me kit?" She asked. "Right away" Janice replied. "If you do test positive, would you like more information about the pregnancy?" She asked. I nodded my head. "Sorry, this wasn't planned and I'm just nervous" I replied to her. She gave a small chuckle. "Trust me, it'll be okay." She said. I smiled and looked over at Chelsey. She grabbed my hand and gave it a light squeeze. Janice returned and Dr Montgomery began to take my blood. When she was done she had Janice take it to the lab. And all we had to do was wait for the results. "I'm nervous" I said to Chelsey. We had been here for about an hour and a half. "I know. It'll be okay Mj" she said. We heard a light knock on the door. Both our heads turning in the direction. We saw dr Montgomery poke her head in. "We got the results back." She said. I gave her a weak smile as she sat down. "Well congratulations Maddi. You're two months pregnant." She said. I felt my heart drop to my stomach. I can't be pregnant. My hand instinctively went to my stomach, I looked down and back up. "Would you like to schedule the next check up? For next month?" She asked. I weakly gave her a nod. She told Janice what to do and left the room. Before she left, she said congratulations again. I looked over at Chelsey and felt my eye get watery. "Shhh don't cry mj" she whispered to me. "You can't tell anyone, you have to promise me Chels. I'll tell people when I'm ready." I said to her. "I promise maddi" she replied. Janice walked in giving me my next appointment slip. We grabbed our things and left the building. Chelsey decided to drive since I was in no condition to. What the hell am I gonna do now?