Chapter 82

Zion's POV

I haven't seen nor heard from Maddi in months. So seeing her at the airport made me realize how much I missed her. But her letter had given me hope for us. Not only that, I had moved on. Even got a girlfriend. I wanted to hug her and tell her how much I love her but I couldn't do that. And then what the interviewer asked us. I felt anger rush through me. But seeing the way she handled it. It was like our first date all over again. We walked into this coffee shop Austin heard about from Charlotte. "Yo this is a vibe" I said walking in. Me and Brit were at the back of the group. Since she met Maddi, she has been more clingy. "Oh hey Mj" I heard Edwin say. I looked up and seen both Maddi and Charlotte. They looked uncomfortable. Then Brit pulled us closer. "Are these seats taken?" She asked. The girls said they were leaving and left the table. Both Maggie and Britney were making snarky comments after they left. I followed the boys who were talking to the girls and some guy. I felt a wave a jealousy run through my body after he hugged her. I know I shouldn't have said anything to her but it was out of anger. We watched as the girls walked out of the shop. "Dude really?" Nick asked. I rolled my eyes not wanting to hear them speak. "Z really man? I haven't seen her in months. You moved on with Britney and before her Sammi. Maddi let you go, why can't you do the same?" Austin said to me. He and I haven't bumped heads in months until now. "Whatever man, Ans and I are gonna head out." He added. He called for Ansely and they both left. Brandon began to order for him and Maggie. "So how do you know Maddi?" Nick asked Greg. "Oh I met her and Charlotte here. They always came in together and we became friends." He answered. "So which one of you are the ex's?" He asked. "That would be Brandon and Zion" Edwin said pointing to us. "Oh" is all he said. "Oh? That's all you gon say?" I asked him. He laughed "what else am I suppose to say? Thanks for driving them away?" He replied. I rolled my eyes and gave my order to Nick. I walked back towards the girls. Guess Brit was on live. "What I think of Maddi? Honestly I don't like her. She's not even all that pretty. All she ever does is write songs about her ex" she said to the camera. Maggie agreed and then laughed. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the shop. I looked to my left and seen Maddi with a group of fans. I smiled and she laughed with them. I walked in that direction and avoided the fans. "You okay?" I heard Charlotte ask her. "I didn't want to see him. I mean I know he moved on and trust me I have. It's like I've been doing fine, away from all of them. Then he keeps showing up and it's like the universe won't let it go." She replied. "Do you miss him?" Char asked. She sighed "I don't know. I know I don't miss the drama that came with him." She replied. I didn't follow them any further. I watched as they continued to walk before they crossed the street and to a building. What am I doing to myself?