Cheering On

Izuku POV:

"Classes start back up for UA tomorrow, right?" "Yeah, were gonna probably need to catch up on the curriculum though." I began to talk to Sitri before she left for school. "Well your motto is go beyond plus ultra for a reason." "I guess you have me there." We started to laugh a little at her interpretation of UA's saying for our work. "Anyway, I'm running late." "Ok, have fun." She began to leave with the door shutting behind her. "Ok, lets see what we can do about getting stronger now." I began to walk to the room to get a few training clothes before Nejire and Ochako grabbed my arms. "Deku, you busy?" "Well I was kinda hoping to train, but not really." "Great, you can come meet my adopted mother with me." "Wait, what?"

They began almost dragging me out of UA to meet a woman who I knew from hero leader boards.

"The dragon hero Ryukyu? She's your adopted mother!?" She notices us and begins to smile. "Why hello Nejire. It's good to see you again." Nejire instantly began to run to her and hug her out of happiness. "It's great to see you again Ryukyu." They began to smile at each other before they turned to us. "These are some of my friends. The brown haired one is Ochako Uraraka. And the cute kitty is our boyfriend Izuku Midoriya." Silence was in the air when she said boyfriend. "Y-you have a boyfriend and didn't tell me?" Shocked would be the best statement for what the dragon hero would show. "Wait, did you use the term 'our boyfriend'? As in, he's dating more than just you?"

I began to see Ryukyu transform a bit before Nejire tried to calm her down. "It's ok Ryukyu. Izuku isn't the type of guy that will just use me for his own gain." "And how do you know that?" "Because he's seen me. The full me." She stops before I become a cat pancake for her to explain the situation. She began with saying how I was the one who saved her during the exams even though Ryukyu told her she didn't have to do the exams and just take her offer for recommendation. She also went on about how we both understand each others pain and how I helped her when she was down on herself. This was when Ryukyu noticed Nejire wearing a shirt that showed a scar on her chest. A face of irritation on her changed to one of shock and understanding.

"It does seem like he is a kind man to accept you as you are." Nejire smiled and nodded before Ryukyu continued. "I can see already how much more confident you are in yourself also. Before, I could never get you to wear something that showed more skin than your neck and upper arms. But your wearing a sleeveless top now. I think he deserves a chance for me to learn a little of him." She looks over to us before motioning to follow. We began to find a nice coffee shop to which we talked about ourselves. Apparently, Ryukyu was a pro who was working a conjoint project with two heroes where she gave information to help with ones operations. The two had interns with them at the time before they found Nejire beaten and bloodied. After they brought her to a hospital, they realized that her father was abusing her. Ryukyu was enraged at this while explaining it. The fact Nejire had to deal with this herself made me have my stomach turn as well.

"So as pro hero laws dictate, Nejire was under our protection." "Wait, but why didn't she take your last name?" "I wanted to use my mothers." We looked at her smiling. "When I remember her, I always saw a kind woman who wanted the best for me. So I decided that I'd take her name as proof that I'm her daughter and that I can be as kind as her." I felt tears welling up inside me with my tail going a mile a minute. "That's so beautiful *sniffle*." I began to cry with Ochako petting my head. "There, there, Deku. No crying." Ryukyu began to laugh at me with my sudden act. "You have got to be the funniest thing I've ever seen. Crying over the fact Nejire took her mothers last name to honor her, too adorable." She laughed for a solid minute and a half before calming down.