Moving Forward

Izuku POV:

The day started rather normal for me with getting up a little early to make breakfast for all of us. The first person down was Xenovia who looked at the large amount of food I made and drooled a bit. She didn't say anything, but her stomach growled in response. "You want some? It's almost all done, so just grab a plate." She tried to pretend she wasn't hungry and walked away. "Pity, I made all this to go to waste. I wonder if the devils in the Gremory house ate yet?" She got rather angry with her stomach growling louder. I had to laugh before giving her  a plate with a bit of everything on it. "It's not bad to take someone's kindness that went out of their way. I made the food for everyone, you included." She looked away and thanked me before sitting down.

As I finished, Miruko and Irina came down. "That smells amazing! What did ya cook kid?" "Just a little eggs, sausage, some french toast." "OOOH! I like." Irina went over to grab a plate with a bunch of french toast to sit down. Her reaction was a little more...happy compared to Xenovia's when I offered food. "Eat up, cause were going out on patrol here in a few minutes." "That reminds me, you never said how many fragments were missing. If we can help, we'd be better to know which ones are gone to make countermeasures against that." Xenovia started explaining the ones that were missing along with who may be connected. "The fragments that were taken were Nightmare, Transparency, and Rapidly. Though they are only fragments of the once great Holy Sword remade into different swords, they are still very powerful and dangerous if left in the wrong hands."

I began to understand this a little better. "If someone is taking that many Holy Swords, there must be a logical explanation like they found a way to fuse them or something." "Impossible. Even the greatest alchemists in the church couldn't reforge Excalibur." "Do you know of any other reason why someone wanted to take so many parts of the sword that you said was unreforgable?" She sighed at this thinking this isn't completely out. "Who's doing this?" Miruko asked with the reply not exactly what we wanted. "Kokabiel of the bible." 'Oh shit.' "This'll be a problem." Miruko thought on this while finishing her plate. "Oh well! Let's get on patrol!" "YOUR'RE NOT PHASED BY THIS!?" "Worrying about it wont help. Now let's get going. 'Why do I feel like this study will be a pain in my ass?'

Few hours later

As we were walking around, Miruko just barely touched on what patrols do for me with us being stopped by a few people who wanted Miruko's autograph. Some even stopped to pet me remembering I'm the guy that got second in the Sports Festival and wanted to feel how soft my fur was. While walking, we passed Kuoh academy for me to see Koneko walk by with some people. She didn't show it, but she looked happy. It gave me relief knowing she was ok, but it also made me sad for some reason. I didn't understand it, but my ears apparently went down seeing this.

"You ok?" Irina patted my shoulder for me to nod. "It's nothing. Let's keep going so we don't get left behind." As we walked, Xenovia came back a little to talk to me. "I've been wondering this when you said your hero name, but why did you choose Deku as it?" "*sigh*....Pain of what you should've done in the past never fades. For 10 years, I felt like I was responsible for something and felt absolutely useless for it. For the longest time, I thought the thing I did made my little sister die and had been left in a stalemate during it." "So Deku is used as a remembrance?" I nodded. "The name doesn't hurt as much as it used to since one of my girlfriends changed the name after I saved her some time back, but being branded it is kinda fitting in my eyes to force me to never forget the mistake I've done."

I received a pat to my head by Irina and a smile. "It's ok. We all do things we regret. This is no different." I smiled a little and nodded. "Thanks." As we kept walking, we found ourselves passing an alley with someone running out to knock me down. I glanced over to notice it was a little girl.