Midnight's Talk

Midnight POV:

"Finally done." The work day for me finally ended with grading a few papers that I had to finish today. "Why did this one take so long?" As I stretched out, I obtained a text on my phone. When I saw who it was, it was the online dating services saying my rendezvous with the person I was supposed to meet today canceled last minute. "Oh come on! I kept myself focused on all my work just so I can get there on time!" I began aggressively muttering to myself as I grabbed my things to leave for the day. "First I have to deal with Mt. Lady wiping the fact she has a boyfriend in my face this morning, now my meetup for the evening cancels." I make it to the door of the exit of the school while trying to calm my nerves a bit. "Can this day get any worse?" As if I said the magic word, it started to downpour with it not expected in the forecast. "OH COME ON!"

"Meowtrack! Meowtrack! Meowtrack!" I start hearing someone from the side to see it was Midoriya alone running towards me. "That was cold!" He began turning into his cat form to shake the water off before returning to his human form. For some odd reason though, his clothes didn't fall off, but remained on his body. "I thought your clothes couldn't change with you." He glanced up to notice me and smile. "Hello Ms. Midnight. Actually I can keep them on my body and just chose not to because it would require magic to do so cause of the whole I was hunted for being one of the Nekomata things." "So the main reason you didn't before was because you were scared of being found?" "Exactly." 'Just how much fear in being found did this kid have? Then again, he saw his sister murder her demon master 10 years ago and ran nonstop till hitting the human world, so I guess it makes sense.' "So why are you back here?" "Kaachan forgot her notes in her desk and needs them for that test next Tuesday. Since I had to cancel my training session with Hyoudou cause of the weather people changing the forecast like an hour before this storm, I volunteered to go." "A weatherman, the only job you can be wrong like 99% of the time and still be employed." "I know, right?"

A giant lightning bolt came down to startle us both a little and bring us out of our conversation. "MEOW!" "Why don't we head inside. Being in a massive downpour may not be the best spot to speak." "Yeah, my whiskers were on edge during that bolt." We entered inside the school and made our way to the classroom to grab what Midoriya needed before making our way to the teachers lounge to sit patiently until the storm subsided enough to leave. "So why are you here so late Ms Midnight?" "Papers I needed to grade. Never the highlight of my job." "I could see why." Midoriya seemed really nice during the conversation and making me enjoy being there a bit. The fact his ears and tails moved in unison to his emotions he felt made me think he was really cu-'DON'T THINK THOSE THOUGHTS NEMURI! HE'S YOUR STUDENT!' "W-would you like something warm to drink Izuku?" "Yes please." I began getting up to place a tea pot on a warmer in front of us to get hot. "It should take a few minutes. Green tea's ok?" "Sounds nice. Can't be picky either way though."

While sitting there, I was finally able to get the chance to talk one on one with Izuku. "So you seem to be quite the little playboy around campus." "What do you mean?" "I mean you have a harem, a child, and enough power to take on anything that comes at you. To be honest, any man would die to be in your shoes. Not only that, but I think any girl in this school would die to be under you during the evening." I winked at him to make his tail poof up in embarrassment. 'That's adorable!' "I-it's not like I try to be like this, it's just that I am." "But you seem to enjoy it, don't you?" He went red hearing this before putting his head down. "M-maybe a little." "Either way, you're doing far better than I am at having the opposite sex swoon over you. I seem to lack the ability to make them stay." He glanced at me as I realized what I said. 'Dammit. I got too calm with him around.' "What do you mean?" I took a deep sigh before explaining. "Dating with me is...not easy." "In what way?" I rolled my eyes at myself telling my student about my love life.