Chapter 18: Preparing

Your POV

I am in Sector F-56121. I am heading for the camps where the Homeworld military stays. The Peridots calculated the arrival of the natives of the sector.
ETA 30 HOURS. The camp was set up in the Folgan kindergarten.

Yesterday it was reclaimed....but at great cost. 5,000 gems were sent and only 1,500 came back damaged, 2,500 are missing. And 1,000 were confirmed shattered. The organics of this sector are non other.........than theTyphons. Gemkind has feared the Typhons for centuries.

I was heading to the camps with the Diamonds. Even White Diamond herself came too. The Diamonds arrived in their respected Palanquins. I am in White's Palanquin on my normal size.

The Palanquin itself was bigger than Steven's beach house. As we arrived. Thousands of Jaspers, Amethysts,Carnelians, Topazes, can be seen. Including hundreds of Lapis Lazulis and Citrine Guards. We arrived and we could hear murmurs outside.

White Diamond: Sapphire, of all the gems here in this camp, how many will survive?

Sapphire: Out of 800,000 gems. Only..........5,000 will return. My Diamond.

White Diamond: Thank you Sapphire you may leave.

Sapphire: (*salutes*) Thank you, My Diamond.

Sapphire walked out leaving only White, her Pearl, and myself alone. She suddenly stood up and looked through her window. She stared at it for a few seconds then she made her way back to her seat. My eyes widened when I saw a tear falling from her eyes. I ran outside to see if Blue was crying. But she isn't. I slowly turned around and saw that she had her hands on her mouth. I can't believe it.

The most powerful matriarch of the Diamond Authority is in a state that no gem has lived to tell. I then shapeshifted into my largest size. I went closer to her and slightly bent down. She suddenly spreaded her arms and jumped on me.

Then I was kneeling down with White hanging onto me and crying on my chest.

Y/N: White, what's the matter?

White Diamond: Everything Painite. (*sob*) This colony, the entire empire, the Gemkind and the gems just outside this Palanquin. If only few combatants are left  we don't stand a chance against the Typhons. Even if only one Typhon reached Homeworld again. It can multiply itself to large numbers. I'm scared Painite (*sob*) I'm scared to lose the empire. For the gemkind to perish.

I then stood up while she was still crying on my chest.

Y/N: Then let's finish this. Here and now. Make sure no Typhon survives

White Diamond: But we're out numbered. And even if we did eradicate the Typhons. It will come with a price. Thousands of gems will be shattered serving us.

I then pulled her into a hug and said:

Y/N: Back on Earth, I read a story from Rome.

White Diamond: Rome? What is it?

Y/N: It was one of the most powerful empire like this and one of the largest empires known to Earth.

White Diamond: Does it still stand today?

Y/N: The city? Yes
        The citizens and leaders? No

White Diamond: That's a shame

Y/N: It is. There was a human male, a brave warrior willing to do anything for the good cause. He is Horatius. He was holding off an army on the bridge connected to Rome.

White Diamond: He sounds great.

Y/N: He is. Then he said while holding off the army: "How can a man die better while serving under his gods"