Chapter 44: Captain Painite

Your POV

I was doing a maintenance in my ship since it has shown a few bugs lately, I checked the engine, it was fine, the overdrive engine, it's fine, it's the ship's systems.

I am the Captain of the ship for now since Lars is still trying to find out how the ship works. I was reattaching a few wiring when suddenly it short circuited and I banged my head under the ship's console.

Padparadscha: Be cautious, Captain! Do not connect the wiring for the engine yet, it will short circuit.

Y/N: Damn, that hurt. *chuckles* It's okay Padparadscha, it already happened.

Then she looked to the side snd she had a look of sadness in her face, I know that look. It's the look when someone makes when they feel useless.

Y/N: What is it, Pad? You can tell me.

Padparadscha: It's just...I just want to feel useful for once, because of my flaw, I can't help anyone. I am useless, to be exact.

Y/N: Look, Pad, if you want to help people, you don't need to use future vision to help them.

Padpardscha: But my role is supposed to be a Sapphire, they use future vision to help.

Y/N: Sometimes you don't need to stick to your role to help others, I did that once and I don't care if I broke my role, my goal is to help those in need of assistance. Your imperfections are the ones that make you perfect, remember that. With your imperfections you can do anything, and can go anywhere.

Then I gave her a pat on the head and she blushed in response and she gave me a hug.

Y/N: Go take a break for now, all of you. I still need to fix some things.

Padparadscha: Yes, Captain. Everyone! Captain ordered us to take a break for now!

Y/N: Not exactly an order, but ok.

Rutile Twins: Are you sure Captain? We can be of assistance!

Y/N: No need, I can manage.

Rhodonite: What do you mean by break-ARE YOU GOING TO SHATTER US?!?!

Y/N: No! I meant, like take a rest.

Rhodonite: Oh.....splendid!

Then they all went near each other and they started chatting, while I went back to fixing the ship's system.

Five minutes later

I am taking a quick break from the non-stop short circuit of the ship's system. I pulled out a bottle of water from my gem and drank the whole thing in four gulps, I left some water in the bottle and I poured it on myself.

I shook my head to remove the water and I sat on the Captain's chair. Turns out I don't even need to fix it anymore since it already has a self repairing system. The moment I discovered it I facepalmed so hard.

Then I heared Rhodonite talking to Padparadscha