Chapter 22: Retrieval

Your POV

I am currently walking to White's room. A few days without mission is just so boring. Upon my arrival in her chamber, she turned around and smiled and walked towards me. I wonder what I'm gonna do.

White Diamond: Hello Painite. How are you?

Y/N: Well...I just fell from a ten story drop. And I just blew up. But if you have something for me to do. Then I'll do it right away just for you.

She just smiled and walked closer and knelt down.

Y/N: So what exactly do you want me to do?

White Diamond: I need you in my bed.

*beep*

Take 2

White Diamond: I need you to retrieve an artifact. It could be...dangerous if it is in the wrong hands.

Y/N: What does it do exactly?

White Diamond: Just like how the Prisms work but much, much more dangerous and violent. I cannot do anything unless someone activates it. You will need to take before something catastrophic happens.

Y/N: (*nods*) I'll go and soon as I find the artifact I'll come back.

White Diamond: You will be provided a ship and clearance to pass the guards in the area.

I then left her chambers and headed for a ship. I went to the docking area and went inside the ship. I typed in the location
Sector G-HF305. Then the ship launched and entered hyperspeed. Took a few minutes to reach my destination but I arrived nonetheless.

As the ship landed on the ground I walked out and found the cave guarded by a battalion of Citrine Guards. They all went into a fighting stance with their weapons out. And then three Citrines stepped out, must be the leaders.

Citrine General: State your business here.

Y/N: I am Painite. White Diamond sent me here to retrieve the artifact inside that cave. And I beleive that she gave me clearance. Correct?

Citrine Lieutenant: And why should we believe you? Maybe you're just trying to take the artifact for your own benefit.

Y/N: You do know that I'm not that type of gem. I don't disobey what the Diamonds say. If they give me an order, I do it.

Citrine Captain: If we couldn't do it, what makes you think you can? You are all alone and maybe you can't even get past one of the traps.

Y/N: And that, is the reason why I'm here. You couldn't do it and White Diamond decided to send me instead because she knew that it'll only take longer if she doesn't send someone who can do it.

The captain the clenched her fist and was about to punch me. I just sighed and caught her fist.

Y/N: I came here to retrieve an artifact. NOT...gem shards.

Some gems took a step back when they heard my voice becoming demonic.

Y/N: So if you don't want to be in pieces. Then motherfucker let me through.

Then they all looked at each other and all of them nodded and made a path for me. I let go of the captain's hand and helped her up. I just activated the light projection since the cave is pitch black. I walked in and kept looking at the painted cave walls.

A lot of strange symbols, glyphs, and statues. I accidentally stepped on a plate releasing blade pendulums. I jumped back and I ran forward and was almost hit by one of the blade luckily I stopped right on time.