Chapter 71: Familiar

Steven's POV

Following the events in "Earth to Homeworld", Steven gazes out from the balcony of Pink Diamond's room, after being sent here by White Diamond. He gets off the balcony and looks after the empty room.

Steven: Hello? ...Must be Pink's room? I need a bed.

Steven lies down on the floor in frustration, when a platform activates and raises from underneath him.

Steven: What?!

Steven looks underneath the bed and spot various tiny Gems, who quickly flee once spotted. Steven climbs off the bed and sticks his bottom out.

Steven: I need a place to sit.

The floor activates and creates a seat for Steven. He looks underneath the seat and gasps, as the tiny Gems inside run out of Steven's sight again.

Steven: Hmm... *walks to a wall* I need a shelf for my ♪ face, face, face, face, face~ ♪

The wall activates and creates a shelf for Steven's face. He then slides his face through the shelf and looks inside.

Steven: Hey! Who the heck are you little guys?

The tiny Gems once again begin to scramble away from Steven.

Steven: Uhh... Thank you!

The tiny Gems quickly stop with shock and look back at Steven.

Brainy: "Thank you?"

Patch: Is it...

Nosey: It is her! (Nosey begins to laugh.)

The tiny Gems begin to gather around and jump onto Steven's face.

Chesto: Why does she look different?

Gem: #5She's back!

Gem #5 cuts a hole in the wall and lifts up Steven's shirt, revealing his gem.

Noggin: Pinkie time! She's back! Our Diamond - Pink, Pink!

Steven is knocked backwards onto the floor, laughing with all the tiny Gems crawling all over him.

Steven: Don't- Don't build stuff in my mouth.

Steven spits out a Brainy and a tiny house out of his mouth, laughing.

Steven: All right, who are you guys?

Nosey: Very funny, Pink!

A small tower activates and raises from the floor next to Steven.

Fisto: Always playing her games. Pretending she doesn't know us Pebbles.

Fisto jumps into Steven's back pocket and takes his own photo with Steven's phone. Steven smiles at them, when door to the room opens. The Pebbles quickly flee back into the floor as Pearl enters the room, Fisto making off with his cell phone.

Steven: Pearl!

Pearl: Steven! *runs over to hug Steven* Oh, thank the stars! You're okay! What did White Diamond do? Did she hurt you?!

Steven: No, she was like, "Welcome home". I don't think she understands that I'm not Pink Diamond. Where's Connie? And Garnet and Amethyst?

Pearl: They're still on the ship. *pulls Steven's Hot Dog Duffel Bag from her gem* I'm only here because I'm bringing your things. And they consider me one of your things.

Steven: Yeesh.

A chime is then heard in the room.

Pearl: The Diamond Chime; it's Yellow.