Episode 2 : Friendly Attempt

The next day at the Stone residence, the family were eating breakfast, at the dining room.....

Mrs. Stone: I am curious.... how are my little babies in school?
Kacey: not a lot going on at the moment..... the school is busy because its exam week next week.....
Harley: me too... nothing much is happening..... but I do feel bad lately......
Mr. Stone: what is it about? Tell us son?
Harley: well, I have friendly friends right? Geo, Santi, Travis and Sabrina..... They are very nice to me but it disappoints me that they laugh at those people who get bullied......
Mrs. Stone: oh my... can you tell us more further?
Harley: its just...... there's this person who is avoided by everybody because his father was once a known criminal of the city......
Mr. Stone: wait, do I know the criminal you are talking about...
Kacey: well, he seems pretty nice..
Harley: that is the point..... I just can't believe they think of this guy as a bad person.... and as a concerned one, I can't help him because I am scared to see my friends' reaction.....
Mrs. Stone: I feel bad for the kid.... he has nothing to do with his father's actions but he is the one suffering now.....
Harley: mom, tell me that I he that person right? There is nothing wrong to be friends with him.....
Mr. Stone: (pats Harley's head) as long as you know what is right and what seems nice, as long as you do not step on people, you must....
Kacey: (hugs Harley) I love my little brother so much!!

At the small house of the Everdeens, Damien and Saint were also eating breakfast quietly......

Saint: (eating)
Damien: son?
Saint: huh?
Damien: how are you? How is your school?
Saint: it is fine...
Damien: how about your studies?
Saint: I am taking care of it....
Damien: about social life?
Saint: what do you mean?
Damien: you know.... having friends?
Saint: (looks seriously at Damien)
Damien: what son?
Saint: (nods) I have cool friends.... (fake smiles) they are always there if I need help for you studies.....
Damien: good thing... (nods) you must surround yourself with good people... do what I never done.....
Saint: (nods) (feels sad) if you just knew dad... if you just knew.....

As soon as Saint finishes eating, he went to school and headed to his first and second period...... After some classes..... it is now lunch, the squad were hanging out at the lobby of the school.......

Santi: (takes a photo of the lobby) do you guys love the new painted lobby?
Trevor: nah, it seems to be a little bit girly now...... this skin tone color really makes the place like a beauty salon.......
Sabrina: you just hate how gorgeous this place is......
Geo: well guys.... you have to thank Harley here because he was the one who decided the color.....
Harley: of course I did..... you forced me remember? I don't really have to mind this business anyway.... hahaha...
Trevor: seriously Harley? I thought you love red?
Harley: but it is better of this way... it doesn't hurt the eyes and the place looks formal and fashionable at the same time......
Sabrina: you have no one on your side Travis... you can cry your way home......
Travis: no I won't..... I will stay beside you.....
Santi: guys! You two are getting corny with one another......
Sabrina: its his fault... not mine.....
Saint: (enters the lobby) (looks around for a table)
Sabrina: (sees Saint) and besides.... that Saint boy is better than you....
Trevor: what the fuck? Him? Better than me? I am a nice person but I am competitive...
Geo: no way Sabrina! He is not even over me... right Harley?
Harley: (stares at Saint)
Saint: (sits on an empty table) (reads a book)
Geo: right Harley?
Harley: (snaps out of his stare) what are you guys talking about?
Geo: (rolls his eyes) never mind....
Harley: I just wanna ask guys.... no offense.... you guys are scared of him because of his reputation or it sounds more like, you guys are making fun of him.....
Geo: what are you talking about Harley.... (hugs Harley) we are scared but instead of showing that, we overcome that fear by making.....
Harley: (looks serious at Geo) making fun of him?
Santi: guys... chill your asses please.....
Harley: I am chill..... do not worry.... (looks at Saint) it is just.... I am just concerned......
Travis: (looks at Sabrina seriously)
Sabrina: (shrugs at Travis)
Santi: (feels sad for Harley)
Geo: (stares at Saint angrily) (secretly clenches his fist) (in his mind) why is this person trying to get the attention of my Harley?!

As dismissal arrives, everybody was preparing to go home...... at the hallway, Santi was there carrying a lot of photos......

Santi: (carries a lot of photos on the hallway)
Saint: (puts things in his bag)
Santi: (accidentally drops the photos on the floor) oh shit.....
Saint: (sees Santi) (immediately picks up the photos) do you need help?
Santi: (looks at Saint) no.... I do not need help.....
Saint: (picks up other photos) it is okay.... these are a lot...
Santi: (takes the photos on Saint's hand) I said, I am okay... please.... I do not need any help..... (feels annoyed)
Saint: (stands up slowly) (feels sad)
Santi: (looks around) please do not talk to me..... just please.... (left)
Saint: (feels sad) (puts on his hoodie) (holds back his tears)
Harley: (sees Saint in the hallway) (about to approach Saint)
Saint: (runs away from the campus) (left)
Harley: (screams) Hey... come.... back..... (feels sad)
Kacey: (approaches Harley) hey little bro.... who you shouting for?
Harley: I pity him in a sad way... (stares at the exit of the campus)
Kacey: give him time.... he is scared to trust people because people do not trust him....
Harley: you are right.... lets just go... are you going home?
Kacey: sure.... of course I want to walk with my little brother...
Harley: (smiles down)
*Kacey and Harley starts walking*

Saint just tried to be friends in case if some people might think of him an a nice person but he sadly failed.... I feel bad for him..... tune in for what's next....
#SOTCFriendlyAttempt