Episode 9 : The Little Smiles

It is now Tuesday and today is the continuation of the exams yesterday..... Saint is currently at his home eating breakfast.....

Saint: (smiles down) (eating)
Damien: (notices Saint smiles) ugh son?
Saint: why dad?
Damien: besides seeing ourselves talk... another thing rare is to see you smile for no reason.....
Saint: everything has a reason dad....
Damien: oh... so you are smiling for a reason huh?
Saint: (looks at Damien) I just mean....
Damien: (cuts off Saint) Saint, are you in love with somebody?
Saint: somebody? in love? dad.... are you kidding me?
Damien: I am the one who should be saying that? Who is that girlfriend of yours?
Saint: dad... I do not have a girlfriend.....
Damien: boyfriend rather?
Saint: dad!!! (looks serious at Damien)
Damien: fine... whatever it is.....
Saint: it is because I am hyped up for exams... that's all.....
Damien: (shrugs) if you say so....

While Saint is eating, Harley is on Geo's car again on the way to school....

Harley: (smiles) (looks at the window)
Geo: you are giving me a silent treatment with a mixture of a mysterious smile.... you are freaking me out Harley.......
Harley: what are you talking about mysterious smile? why should I smile?
Geo: (rolls his eyes) Harley.... you are smiling and you cannot deny that in front of me...
Harley: ok, fine... I am just happy about life....
Geo: okay?
Harley: (looks at Geo) we are friends again.....
Geo: (smiles) really Harley? I am making you happy?
Harley: (nods) uh huh... a part of my happiness lately.... (looks at the window)
Geo: (parks the car) (turns serious) part of?
Harley: (looks at Geo) yes, you.... Santi, Sabrina... my sister.... that's that.....
Geo: (stops the car)
Harley: (walks outside the car) ugh... thanks for the lift Geo.... see you later olay?
Geo: okay? goodluck with your studies tho....
Harley: (rolls his eyes) yeah, I can slay it... (left)
Geo: (in his mind) what is going on?

After a couple of minutes, exam hours had already start and everyone raced to their classrooms... after a few hours.... it is now recess..... at the library......

Saint: (looks around)
Harley: (approaches Saint) here you are? are you hiding from me?
Saint: (looks at Harley) no... why would I? in fact, I was looking for you?
Harley: okay? I was looking for you at the lobby...
Saint: sorry tho.... I need to change places everyday.... I do not want us to be caught by your Geo..... (puts on his hoodie)
Harley: your Geo? what do you mean?
Saint: your his friend right? and you said you are aware that he laughs at me all the time.... he even acts like a boyfriend of yours....
Harley: no way Saint.... he is not my boyfriend..... why would I?
Saint: aren't you falling for his moves?
Harley: I am straight Saint... and if ever I will fall for a guy, he is not the type I want......
Saint: what is your type?
Harley: mysterious? adventurous? a person that I cannot expect a lot with.... so there won't be disappointment.... what that person have, that is what I must be contented with...
Saint: oh... that is a cool type of girl or a guy....
Harley: (looks at Saint) you know what.... I like your hoodies lately.....
Saint: hoodie? this?
Harley: this is like your trademark already... the guy who always put on his hoodie even though there is no rain or....
Saint: (looks at Harley)
Harley: hey, I do not mean to offend....
Saint: no.. hahaha... I understand....
Harley: and I think its cute Saint.... you have a good sense of fashion.....
Saint: no I'm not fashionable......
Harley: but I am honest.....
Saint: Harley... whatever.... can we just read?
Harley: what is your subject?
Saint: Stenography....
Harley: damn.... you already have that subject? I always wanted to study that, I see it from my sister...
Saint: do you want me to teach you basics? but you seem to be studying something.....
Harley: (sits besides Saint) Technical Writing is basic for me..... I really wanna know Steno....
Saint: sure.... (opens his sketch pad) look, I will write your name in stenography....
Harley: sure... (looks at the pad)
Saint: (looks at Harley) (smiles) (starts writing)

while the two are enjoying their time together.... at the lobby, Sabrina, Santi, Travis and Geo were there.......

Geo: do you think Harley is okay?
Sabrina: what do you mean?
Geo: he is so much happy earlier....
Travis: isn't Harley a happy kid? well, that is his twin personality......
Geo: Travis... you are secretly insulting him......
Travis: well, that is true... he is sometimes serious and sometimes, he is very hyped up.....
Geo: but you know.... he is in the middle of being serious and being happy....
Sabrina: you are not making sense....
Geo: I mean is.... he is very hideous earlier.... he even immediately left me.....
Santi: (remembers seeing Saint and Harley yesterday)
Sabrina: well, why are you even overthinking him? its like... you are not even his boyfriend......
Geo: excuse me?
Sabrina: you like Harley, Geo???
Geo: (shakes his head) no!
Sabrina: then you have no rights.....
Geo: (rolls his eyes)
Santi: (looks at Geo) I cannot tell you the truth Geo.... you might rage in anger......

As dismissal arrives, Saint and Harley are together again in the hallway.......

Harley: (opens his locker)
Saint: (approaches Harley) Harley....
Harley: (looks at Saint) oh hi.... how are your exams?
Saint: pretty hard but I survived.....
Harley: well.... I know you can do it......
Saint: (gives Harley the paper they used earlier) well, I want to give you this....I designed it while you were reviewing back at lunch...
Harley: (looks at the stenography of his name with design) damn..... this is so damn cool......
Saint: you're welcome....
Harley: you are really something Saint.... I am happy that I got to start the journey of our friendship.....
Saint: (smiles) me too.... I cannot believe this would happen....
Harley: haha... (puts the hoodie on Saint) so.... I think you are going to leave now....
Saint: hey hahaha....
Harley: do not mind what I said earlier.. this is really cute....
Saint: sure Harley... whatever you say.....
Harley: see ya?
Saint: (nods) see ya! (left)
Harley: (puts the paper in his bag)
Geo: (approaches Harley) (taps Harley)
Harley: (turns around) (smiles) what again... (sees Geo) (eyes widens)
Geo: hi?
Harley: oh Geo?
Geo: how are you?
Harley: I am fine.... (blushes) (looks around)
Geo: (watches Harley) (in his mind) who were you talking to Harley?

Shit..... I am so scared to see Geo ruin something from the two but look on the bright side.... Saint and Harley all the way!
#SOTCTheLittleSmiles