CHAPTER - 1 : THE DAY BEFORE

It was a new beginning. Not for any of them, but for her. She came back to Korea after a long time. She doesn't remember how long. That is weird though. She was in Miami before coming to Korea. She still remembers how she was taken to Miami. She woke up in a hospital with nobody around her. She was 13 years old. She didn't know what happened to her nor why she was there. Her vision was blurred for a while, then after a few minutes, her vision was clear. A nurse came and looked at her as she moved her head a little bit. "Are you feeling better now kid?" the nurse asked her as if the nurse knew her for a long time. She nodded her head in a positive manner. "Wait here for a while I will go call the doctor" the nurse replied and went to call the doctor happily. After a while, the doctor came and did something. She doesn't know what he did. She could finally speak because they told her that she was in a normal condition. She asked, "what happened to me, why am I here?". The nurse was hesitant at first, confused she saw the doctor. The doctor nodded. The nurse went and sat beside her. While patting her head the nurse told, "You met with an accident, but it is alright right now." She replied, "But my head hurts." "It's just a small injury, you are really good right now."The nurse told. But she could feel a really big bandage over her head.

She felt pain in her head for a bit but she didn't tell the nurse. The nurse was about to leave. She had a thought that sparked her head at that moment. She grabbed the nurse's hand and asked, "where is my mother?" Her father died when she was 4 years old. The nurse was really hesitant, she didn't open her mouth to utter a word at all. The nurse looked at the doctor. She also turned towards the direction the nurse looked at. The doctor smiled at her and walked towards her. She slowly left the nurse's hand. The doctor went and sat beside her. He patted her head and then told, "Whatever happened, is all in the past, so it is better to worry about your future now, right?" She replied, "But my future is only with my mother, I want to know where she is, please tell me." The doctor then told her, " I'm really sorry to tell you this, but your mother passed away while taking care of you even though she had a major injury in her head." She couldn't speak. She felt empty. Tears welled up her eyes, but she didn't believe the doctor. She replied with a shivering voice, "you are joking right? Nurse sis, he is joking right." The nurse worriedly replied, "We are really sorry kid." and faced down. Tears flew down her cheeks. She wasn't able to speak anything after what they told her. Then she remembered what her mother told, "Whatever kind of situation you are facing, I will always be with you, no matter what and you should never cry, and keep moving forward. Don't cry and face the situation like a strong girl nobody can be." She always lived by that motto. After she remembered that, she wiped away her tears but still couldn't stop her tears after realising that she was not there with her at the moment. The nurse went and gave her a hug. She had stopped crying by that time to not disappoint her mom. The nurse told her, "It has been a long time since you've been here, so its time you leave right. It is 10 am now, you can leave by 6 pm since you are completely alright now." She replied pointing her hand towards her head, "what about this cast? Is it going to be there a while?" The nurse smiled and told, "Nope, we will take it off by the afternoon, be sure you take the meals properly, understood?" She replied by nodding. The nurse patted her head and continued with her work. Afternoon, the nurse came and took off her cast and then put a small bandage in her wound. The nurse left and came back with some things in her hand. The nurse kept them in a table beside the bed. "What are these?" The girl asked. "These are the belongings that were with you when you were admitted to the hospital. Oh, I forgot that. Wait a minute." She replied and left. She again came back with something in her hand, except for she took only a medium-sized box. The girl couldn't identify at first when she saw that. She looked at the nurse in a confused manner. The nurse told "This box is your mother's. She had with her till the day she passed away. When she found out that she had no time left. She told it to give it to you when you wake up. It is yours now." The nurse held it to her. She took it carefully in her hands and caressed it. The girl closed her eyes and felt the presence of her mom whilst she caressed it. The girl opened the box. There were a letter and a beautiful ornament. First, she read the letter it was in a lavender colour paper, which was her favourite colour. The letter read: " My princess if you are reading this letter it definitely means that you are alright now and are ready to take steps for your future. I know that you want to become an idol. So I have prepared everything for you but before that, u have something else to do, which is to continue your middle school. Since now our situation is not in a stable condition in South Korea. I have prepared everything for you to study abroad. Everything is with the doctor but I have to tell you one thing. It is time for me to join your father. It seems that he is missing me so much. Even I don't want to leave you but it is unfortunate that you have to continue you live without me. I'm really sorry. But don't forget what I always tell you " Whatever kind of the situation you are in, I will always be there with you no matter what and don't cry and face the situation like a strong girl no one can be. There is an ornament, which is a keychain. It is a very special one. You remember who gave it right. Definitely, you will, how can you forget that person. Be happy and do what you want, hereafter it is your life, be sure to take your meals properly and you have to wash your own clothes, pay your electricity and water bills, understood? Thank you for being with me till now and the life I had with you cannot be replaced by others. I'm really sorry. I will miss you so much. I love you princess. Goodbye.