25

excuse typos, uwu.

"Nice receive!" The sound of the ball echoed through every corners of the gymnasium, Kamagwinae's volleyball club are now practicing as always, everyone was excited for tomorrow's match. Yes, time flies so fast and they can't even believe they'll be having a play tomorrow already. Yeonjun jumps and spikes the ball, Beomgyu, who was their opponent on the practice, saved the ball in a quick move.

"Beomgyu, nice follow!" Jeongin says and tossed the ball towards to Mark and spiked the ball, Guanlin on the other side blocked the ball. Jungkook was watching them afar as always, tapping the ballpen on his chin as he examined everyone. "They're all improving." Jihoon said and Jungkook nodded, "They can do it tomorrow."

"I heard that Gidunggisa Academy's ace is someone we should watch out, they say that he jumps high and spikes the ball effortless but strong." Jihoon said with a sigh, scratching his head and shivers when he remembers the person they were talking about. Jungkook only chuckled at it like its a joke, "Yes, that is true. He is one of the players I trained during summer last two years ago."

"Eh? Really?" Jihoon looks at him amused, the taller nodded and smiled, "He is tough, but we have our own ace." He then looks at Yeonjun who was still playing, he jumps and spikes the ball, Beomgyu then received it again. "And his libero." Jihoon follows up, they both laughed and felt proud at the same time. After a long stay in the shadows they'll finally rise up again.

"Oi! Lemon boi, you tall duck." Beomgu yells and throws the ball at him, Yeonjun who wasn't aware of it, the object hit his head making him freeze and surpise. On the other hand, Beomgyu is being held by Jeongin and Dongpyo while Yeonjun is held by Mark and Jaemin. "The fuck was that for?"

"For hitting me on the head!" Beomgyu screams like a wild animal, awhile ago they were playing and Beomgyu tried to save the ball but then it hit him on the head when he dived in. Now, they're arguing and fighting like a married couple. "I did not!" Yeonjun yells and break free from Mark and Jaemin's grip, Beomgyu did as well.

Both of them are looking at each other- no, glaring, especially Beomgyu. Yeonjun raised his fist to punch him, but instead of a punch, he shove his hand on Beomgyu's face making the younger yelp and smack Yeonjun's head accidentally. "Ouch?" Yeonjun hissed and let go of him, Beomgyu got in position for a fight.

He brought his fists forward, "Come on lemon boi! Fight me! Fighte me!" Beomgyu yells and started throwing punches on the air, Yeonjun was expressionless and sighs, the boy infront of him is acting childish again. "Shut up." He said and grabbed the boy's arms, pulling him close into a hug, Beomgyu gasps but hugs back, loving the warmth of Yeonjun's hug.

"The fuck are they doing?" Jaemin asks as he drinks down his water, Jeongin only chuckles at it. Jisung gasped dramatically, "It's love." Jeongin nodded as he agrees, "They're just hugging." Hyunjin huffs and gripped on his water bottle as he stare at the two. "Are you a food? Because you're jelly!" Guanlin says and did a few beat box- which is a fail because he doesn't know how to do beat box at all.

Jinyoung joins in clapping his hands finding Guanlin's pick up line a bop, Jeongin looks down in embarrassment, "I don't know that at all." He said and Mark laughs at it, Jeongin then looks over at Hyunjin who was just staring at nothing. The younger frowns with a small sigh escaping his lips, hopeless is what he's feeling right now.

🏐

"I'll get going now." Haechan said and the two, Hyunjin and Jeongin, nodded at him as they bid the boy a goodbye. Now, they are left alone, both boys are outside the convenience store seated on one of the tables there. Jeongin stirs the fork in his cup of ramen as he lost his appetite, "Hey, are you alright?" Hyunjin asks since he noticed him spacing out and not even eating his own food.