41

excuse typos, uwu.

Its finally the day, the day where they are going to have a match with random teams. Beomgyu stood at the side of the van they used to get in here, the Busan City Gymnasium. There are other vans as well and there are tons of people, but mostly, players who are wearing their varsity jackets. His eyes shimmered from amusement, "Woah, its my first time!" He jumps in joy.

Mark chuckles and pats his head before walking towards their coach, talking about things. Yeonjun hopped out of the car, yawning, he looks really sleepy too. They then walked towards the entrance of the building, receiving looks from others too. "Who's that again?"

"I don't know, oh- they're Kamagwinae High."

"Oh, its been awhile since they played. I heard that they got disqualified two years ago."

"Yeah, that guy with the blonde hair. He's hella scary and selfish, even his aura is."

Yeonjun sighs from those, his teammates never cared about it and even him never gave a fuck on their opinions, he's used to being the talk of the crowd. He glanced down beside him, Beomgyu was alreadt gritting his teeth and glaring at everyone who they would pass by, scaring most of them. "Oi, what are you doing?" Yeonjun tapped his shoulder.

"They're talking mean things about you!" Beomgyu hissed, his lover only chuckled and shook his head, "Just let them be, I won't repeat the same mistake again. I've changed, remember?" The blonde smiles and ruffles his hair, Beomgyu huffs and nodded, but then he stuck his tongue out at one of those players who talked about his boyfriend.

Yeonjun sighs and covered Beomgyu's mouth, pulling him close to his side as they walked inside the gymnasium. The brown haired boy released himself from Yeonjun's grip and looked around, there are people on the upstairs where they could cheer their team. Banners hung there too, there are two courts and some players are going in as well. "Its huge!"

He jumped and saw their banner being fixed by their teacher and manager, although, they don't have a few people to cheer for them, Beomgyu never cared about it. "Drop your bags in here." Jungkook said and they all gathered their things in one place. "So, we're first to play and our opponent is Byeongsan High."

"Speaking of the devil." Jinyoung says out loud only for their team to hear, a group of tall boys entered the gymnasium, their jerseys are colored in brown and dark green like they're part of the military or something. Beomgyu swallowed thickly at how tall they are, he shook his head and gripped on his water bottle.

"Daehwi?" Jinyoung then walked towards them, more specifically, a boy with dirty blonde hair. He looks feminine too, Beomgyu tilt his head to the side watching them talking casually to each other. "Who is that guy?" He asks and Guanlin chuckles, "Old friend, they used to be teammates when they were in elementary days. Now, they're having a match."

"He's cute!" Beomgyu giggles and Guanlin agreed on it, Yeonjun choked on his drink and looked over to who they are talking about. And, he mistook it as that other guy beside Daehwi, he has black raven hair. He turned to Mark with cold eyes, the captain flinched from it, "Hey, who's that guy?" He asks pointing at the boy he was looking at awhile ago.

"O-Oh, he's Younghoon, as far as I remember, also the captain." Mark answers, shivering from how Yeonjun's aura changed into a dark one. The blonde then walked towards Beomgyu and pulled him close to him, the younger was shock and confused. Younghoon looks over at them and nearly gasped when he saw Yeonjun's eyes piercing in him

Guanlin laughed at it and knew what was happening, Jinyoung then went back to his team and the game will be starting in a minute. 6 players gathered on their side of the court as it started. Byeongsan was the one to first serve, "Got it!" Beomgyu says and receives the ball as it flew up high, Haechan jumps and tossed the ball to their ace, Yeonjun spikes the ball and they got the score.

"Nice!" Beomgyu compliments and raised his hands for a high five, Yeonjun smiles and just pinched his cheeks as they continued to play. The game was going smoothly and easy, they have control of it too and Yeonjun is beginning to love the flow of their team. Something he never felt before even Beomgyu came in his life.

Current score is 23 (Kamagwinae), and 20 (Byeongsan) and they're already on set 2. Meaning that if Kamagwinae wins this set they will advance to the second round, they're on match point. "Just two more points." Mark said and went back to the court after they took a short time out, Beomgyu wiped his sweat and continued the game.

Again, the score changed, 24 and 23, Byeongsan sure won't give up. Beomgyu sighs and get in position, watching the opponent's serve, Mark receives the ball and it flew up, tossed by Haechan and spiked by Jisung. The opponent received the ball quickly, Beomgyu took a deep breath and examined the spiker from the other team.

'Its going left,' he glanced to that side and widened his eyes, 'no one's there.' The ball was spiked, Beomgyu quickly ran towards it and dived down, reaching out his arms and fist as he safely got the ball, "Nice follow!" Mark receives the ball. Haechan came in contact with the ball and tossed it to Yeonjun, the blonde jumps up high and spiked the ball with all his force.

The whistle blows and Kamagwinae won, "Yes!" Beomgyu screams and giggles, they did a group hug after, "That was great!" Jeongin cheers and made high fives with some of them. Jungkook smiles and told them to grab their stuffs already, the boys went to their things and are ready to leave. "So, who are we going to have a match with tomorrow?" Jisung asked excitedly.

"Them." Jihoon stopped walking and looked towards the other court which still have players winning. The score board is 24 and 15, Yubaem Academy is winning. Beomgyu gripped on the strap of his bag, watching as Taehyun jumped high and spiked the ball in a flash. He chewed his bottom lip as he and the red haired made eye contact. It was cold and suffocating, like they're having a contest of eye staring.

"Lets go." Yeonjun says and tried to pull Beomgyu with him, but ut looks like he was too occupied on his spot, his heart was beating fast from nervousness. Yeonjun sighed and leaned down on his ear, "Baby." He whispers and Beomgyu finally snapped out of it and looked up at his boyfriend, he finally calmed down seeing his soft expression.

"Lets go?" The smaller nodded as Yeonjun placed his arm over his shoulder and followed after their team, "I'm nervous." He mumbled but Yeonjun heard it, he chuckles and rubbed his thumb on Beomgyu's shoulder, "Don't be, we can beat them. You promised him that, we will advance to nationals." Yeonjun reminds and Beomgyu got his fighting spirit back.

"Ofcourse!" He giggles out and Yeonjun nuzzled his nose on the boy's hair, inhaling his shampoo whose scent is sweet like the latter. Beomgyu is finally smiling again, but somehow, the nervousness never left his body at all, an image of Taehyun's eyes made his mind go blank.

This Taehyun is more than what they saw.

[🐈]
Taehyun is a cuTIe except in this story- oopsieeee-

Anywayss, we really thought its covid free in here already, but one of the citizens got infected and now we're still in lockdown/quarantine. Keep safe guyss!!