28

excuse typos, uwu.

"He said it, nothing to worry about." Jeongin chuckles and fixed the curtain of their classroom, its currently lunch time so students are either with their friends, hanging out in the library or eating their food like almost half of the school is doing. Beomgyu pouts and put the thumb tax inside the small box in where it belongs, he shaked it and sighs. "Cheer up, little guy." Jeongin said and jumped off the chair.

"But.." Beomgyu placed his elbow on the desk and his chin on his palm, tracing circles on the edges of the small box. "But?" Jeongin repeats and took a seat across him, listening to his friend. "Its been like one and a half week after the match with Gidunggisa and ever since the. Yeonjun had been really quiet."

"When we go home, he would put on his headphones and just walk beside me, it was so silent and all I could hear is the wind. I couldn't make a long conversation with him tol since he doesn't look like he's in the mood to listen." Beomgyu began to feel emotional as his heart ache, scenes flashing in his mind out of nowhere. Jeongin felt bad for his friend, and yes, Beomgyu told him that he likes Yeonjun.

"Go on, I'm listening."

"And..and..I don't know but whenevee I mention Soobin's name he would flinch or react and listen." Beomgyu grumbles and placed his forearms on the desk, burying his face there as he felt like he's about to cry. "And? You're jealous?" Beomgyu groans and nodded with a shrug, unsure of what he wants to respond. Jeongin chuckles and pats his head, "Don't be."

"How can I not? I'm not even sure if he's really just and 'old friend,' they might be a thing before, you know." Beomgyu sniffles, Jeongin laughs and shakes his head, ruffling the younger's hair. "Plus, I don't have the rights to get jealous, I don't even know if our feelings are mutual." He said and Jeongin lets out a 'tsk' and told his friend to look up, in which Beomgyu obliged.

"Hey, hey, that's not how it works. How would you know if you haven't confessed to him? Try." He encouraged but Beomgyu aggressively shake his head, refusing completely as he blushed madly about it. "Eh? Why not? Scared of rejection?" Beomgyu nodded with a frown, wiping his tears like a kid. Jeongin grins softly and leaned back on his seat, "I know, it hurts."

"Have you ever got rejected?" Beomgyu suddenly asks, Jeongin shot up with his eyes widened a bit as his heart raced, remembering that time where he confessed to Hyunjin. He laughs, "Ofcourse I did! Everyone gets rejected, but its fine." He said scratching his head after, whenever he thinks about Hyunjin, there was nl certain spark at all, but when he receives a message from Soobin, the spark shines brighter that any star above.

"Y-You know what? Lets go eat lunch, they're probably at the gymnasium waiting for us." Jeongin said and Beomgyu nodded as he stood up, both of them grabbed their lunches and went to where they would usually hang out for lunch. Beomgyu gripped on his bag, ofcourse he would see Yeonjun there. Don't get me wrong, he wanted to see him so bad but, he felt nervous for some reason.

"Oi, there you two are, what took you guys so long?" Jaemin said as they are seated in a circle, the others isolated themselves wanting to be alone- Yeonjun, Haechan and Seungmin if you ask. Jeongin chuckles and sat down beside them, "Jeongin, can't wait to have your lunch." Guanlin said in excitement, "Your mom's cook are so good, can she please adopt me already?"

"I'm afraid he doesn't want a brother like you." Haechan yells from afar, Guanlin snapped his head towards him and glared, "You spying panda, how can you even hear that. " Guanlin was ready to stand up and throw hands but Jeongin quickly grabbed him by the ear, "Fighting again?" Guanlin yelps in pain while the others are laughing at it.

Beomgyu looks around and his shoulders fell as he sighs, seeing Yeonjun at his usual spot doing the same thing every day. Sitting on the corner with his legs crossed and headphones on, Beomgyu barely see him eat lunch but the other said he eats first. 'He's asleep,' Beomgyu thought, he wanted to approach him but something is really stopping him, and he felt like it crushing him at the same time.

"Beomgyu." Hyunjin calls out, the younger then smiles at him in response as he was still standing there. Hyunjin pat a space beside him and Beomgyu gladly took a seat and started eating lunch, but he couldn't help but glance at Yeonjun. He's still sleeping, he frowns and gripped on his chopsticks, "Hey, eat up." Hyunjin said and Beomgyu snapped back to reality, "Uh, y-yes!"

Hyunjin then looks at Beomgyu who was eating quietly, which is a very rare scene. He looks at Yeonjun after, he sighs quietly noticing the tension even from afar.

🏐

"See you tomorrow!"

"See ya!" Beomgu waves at them, he and Yeonjun started to walk back home. As the same hobbies, Yeonjun pulls out his headphones as he puts it on, quietly walking with the younger. Beomgyu looks down at every step he does, fidgeting with his fingers as Jeongin's words rung inside his head, 'Confess?' He thought, biting his lower lip lightly from the sudden thought about it.

'He's wearing headphones and listening to music, right? He's too occupied to even listen to me.' Beomgu looks at him and saw his face has the same expression, a straight face. He sighs and looks down, gathering up all of his confidence, gritting his teeth hesitating on his own ruckus. He chuckles softly, "Yeonjun hyung..." He said and the other was still walking.

Beomgyu was barely catching up from how Yeonjun is walking a bit too fast since earlier, he is now trailing behind him like a lost puppy. "You're such a cool guy," He starts off, finally letting it all slip at once, indirect confession, silent feelings. "You're so good at volleyball, such a great ace. You're smart too, and funny," He giggles at the last part.

"The way you talk to me when we first met, I really thought you're going to punch me that time. And the way you got confused whenever I explain formulas, its kinda funng actually." He said and sighs as he saw him keep walking, ofcoure, this confession will go off to nothing when the person you're confessing to isn't even aware. But Beomgyu want to do so, more like, he wants..

He want to put an end to this.

"Your hair, your bitter-sweet personality, your clingy side, your beautiful eyes, yoir angelic smile and laugh," He paused and smiles in the most softest way, a smile he never once produced, a smile for that one person only. "I love all of those." He said with all his confidence and feelings, chuckling to himself after.

But then his heart stopped when Yeonjun paused on walking, the blonde turns to face him slowly, still wearing the same expression. 'Phew, I thought he heard.' Beomgyu thought as he held his chest, his heart pounding like crazy, Yeonjun then walked towards him as he removed his headphones. "Huh?" Beomgyu says in confusion when Yeonjun put the headphones on Beomgyu.

The younger held it and he began to grew confused and nervous, then he noticed one thing, one fucking thing that made his heart jump from it's spot. His throat became dry, he felt his legs shake from fear, "T-The s-s-sound...?" He asked in a very stuttering voice, almost inaudible, to be honest. Yeonjun tilt his head to the side, still wearing the same expression on his face.

"You thought I couldn't hear it?"

[🐈]
And I oop-