43

excuse typos, uwu.

"Nice receive!"

"Yeonjun!"

"Right! Right!"

"Got it." Yeonjun ran and jumped as he raised his right arm and spiked the ball, the blockers from the opposite team hovered their arms and blocked the ball, Beomgyu, who was closest of all dived in and received the ball, "Cover! Cover!" He yells and Jeongin received the ball. The libero stood up again, all eyes are glued to the ball.

The whole court was covered in pants and a very suffocating atmosphere, the air was so dense and they could barely breathe from how the poison from Yubaem is so strong. Haechan turns and tossed the ball to one of their spikers, finally getting a point after Yubaem had 5 consecutive points over them. Current score is 15 and 20, as always, Yubaem on the lead.

"Chance ball!" Mark says and received the ball, connecting it to Haechan as the setter tossed it to Jisung, the young tall lad jumps and spikes the ball with all his force. "One touch!" The opponent said as the game got a little rough, Beomgyu wiped the rolling beads of sweats from his forehead using the back of his hand.

"Feint! Feint!"

Beomgyu and Yeonjun dived in to save the ball but it was too late as it bounced down the ground, "Sorry!" Both of them apologized, Yeonjun got up first and lend a hand in which the younger hold onto as he stold up as well. "You okay?" The blonde asks worriedly, Beomgyu nodded as the whistle blows signalling that the other team is serving.

It was Taehyun.

The red headed snake went out of the bounds as he bounced the ball a few time before the whistle blows again, he lifted his hands and the ball in between. His eyes piercing and spitting poison, he threw the ball up high and ran towards it. 'Here he comes.' Beomgyu licked his lips and positioned himself.

Taehyun jumps and spikes the ball, it was so fast and strong that Kamagwinae did not noticed it, Beomgyu's eyes widened as if its the first time he saw it. A no touch ace serve, something he might have difficulties to deal with. "Alright!" The opponent cheers, current score is 19 and 22, match point.

'If...' Beomgyu thought and balled his fists, teeth gritting, 'If they win this set again, they win. And I..' He snickers catching the attention of his teamates, 'I won't let that happen.' He turned to them with a dramatic sigh, "You guys!" He yells waking them up, "Now, now, what's with the quiet atmosphere? Also, what's with that face? Cheer up!"

"Cheer up-" He pause and walked towards his boyfriend and pinched the either side of his cheeks, stretching them out. "Like this!" Beomgyu smiles, Jeongin and Mark snickered and the other straight up started laughing. Yeonjun growls and slapped his boyfriend's hand away, "Stop that!"

"Hush there." He whispers and placed a kiss on his cheek before going back to his place, Yeonjun was surpise as he blushed madly, pulling back his smile as possible as he could. Beomgyu chuckles, "Lets do this! Bring it on!" He yells at the opponents seeing Taehyun is ready to serve again, the red head smirked and was ready to serve.

But it looks like someone is being substituted, Kamagwinae's players looked at the side, Dongpyo is holding a sign of Haechan's number, meaning that he'll be substituting him. "Eh?" Guanlin asks but none of them cared as they are focused on the two. Haechan sighs and walked towards the boy, he seemed to have a face of guilt as he was looking down, "Do you best."

Dongpyo gasps a little and nodded as Haechan took the sign and went to the bench where the bench players are. Dongpyo stepped inside the court as the other welcomed him, "Hey, hey! Smile!" Beomgyu giggles and Dongpyo nodded and grinned as he went to his place. Taehyun then served the ball towards Beomgyu, "I got it!"

He received the ball, "Nice receive!" Yeonjun said and reconnected the ball towards their setter, Dongpyo. The boy was shaking in fear and nervousness, he wasn't a regular at all and its definitely his first time in the court. 'Should I do a feint?' He asks himself, he mastered it before too and he was good at it.

No one could ever read him if he's about to plan something. The spikers approached towards the net as Dongpyo saw the ball coming his way, he lifted his arms up and flattened his palms as he jumped and tossed the ball to the other side, doing a feint. The opponent were shock, they did not see it coming too, they failed to receive that.

"Oh?" They got a point, "Nice one, Dongpyo!" Guanlin praised and the other as well, the boy smiled shyly and rubbed the back of his neck. Now, Kamagwinae will be serving and Dongpyo is the one to serve. He went out of the bounds with a ball in his hands, nervous and scared that he might do something bad.

"Nice serve, Dongpyo!"

"You can do it!"

His teammates cheered him, he had a few courage as he exhaled and smiled. He was practicing spiking for a while now, serving a ball is one of the things he have difficulties on. He sighed and threw the ball up high as he ran and jumped, his figure was breathtaking, he was like flying up the air.

He spiked the ball with all his force, the ball flew over the net and to the opposite team, "Out! Out!" The opponent said as the ball was reaching towards out of the bounds, but then, it stopped and fell down the ground. It was quiet for a moment, everyone is shock by it, until the whistle blows meaning that Kamagwinae won a point.

"Nice Dongpyo!" Guanlin gave him a thumbs up.

"That was so cool!" Beomgyu praised so loudly making him flustered and shy.

"Jump float, huh?" Jeongin smirks and Dongpyo nodded, "That was awesome-"

"Terrific!"

"I was talking!" Jeongin smacked the back of Guanlin's head, the tall blocker pouted and stepped away before Jeongin could even roar like a dinosaur. "One more!" They said and Dongpyo was going to serve again, he did the same move, the opponent was about to receive it but it went to his side and failed to do so, another point to Kamagwinae.

Jump float serve is one of the best serves in the volleyball history, the ball will fly mid air and could change direction, it is very tricky too. Also, its hard to practice something like that.

Taehyun grits his teeth, as he had enough already. He looks at their setter which is named as Lee Know or so called Minho, he gave him a look and the setter knew what it meant as he nod his head. The whistle blows and Dongpyo serves again, Taehyun watched the ball as it was going towards his direction.

Instead of slighty crouching down to receive it, he raised his arms up and the ball made contact with his palms. Kamagwinae was shock, they handled a jump float serve. "Cover!" Taehyun said and one of his teammates connected the ball as it went towards Minho.

Jeongin and Guanlin was so ready to jump and block it, "2, 3!" They both jumped but failed to block it as it went through their defense and spiked down the ground, Beomgyu cursed as he also did not make it in time. He looks up and saw Taehyun looking down on him like he's some kind of lowlife.

Taehyun has this look in his eyes, as he bluntly says, "Do not overestimate yourself, I will break that promise of yours."

That promise.

Beomgyu's promise...

to go to nationals.

[🐈]
Ya'll who do you think will winnnn??