68

excuse typos, uwu.

Its been a month since that incident, yes, time flies by nowadays. Yoshinori is now seated on the fresh green grass in their school yard, there were barely students in there since most of them are eating lunch at the canteen. He was drinking a juicebox while looking up at the blue sky under the warm shade of the tree where he's leaning on.

"I sat there infront of the piano while pressing on the keys and you stood there at the side, holding a violin ever so close like your feelings depend on it."

He remembered those words Hyunjin said, everynight, he would think about it. He couldn't forget about how soothing he said that, how it somehow shook him a little. Its been weeks and he's barely attending practice, still hesitating if he should continue this or not.

"Why must you choose something that is against your will?"

Him and Hyunjin haven't talked in a while ever since that incident, where they both cried infront of each other. Its been a while since he felt tears stream down his cheeks, he did not expect he would burst out that night, he did not expect he was still as fragile as he was.

"I'll be always here, so stop ruining everyone just to cover up your scars. I'm here, if you need a bandage I will be it, because Nori..."

He remembered every detail of Hyunjin when he was playing the piano, everytime Yoshinori would glance at his finger he couldn't help but also examine his face. And for the first time, he felt like he wasn't alone at all.

"I would never forget about you."

Yoshinori chuckles from that thought again and again, the chilly wind brushing over his skin and dancing along with the strands of his blonde hair. "Excuse me." He heard a small voice approach him, he looks up and saw it was a little kid, Beomgyu's kid. "Here." Gabriel reached him out a piece of blue marshmallow.

The teenager was confused at first but he accepted it anyways, watching as the lad take small steps and sat beside him, "Papa said that you shouldn't skip your meals, Yoshi hyung." Gabriel said with a small pout, the older chuckles at the sudden attack of cuteness as he stuffed the marshmallow in his mouth, sweetness melting inside. "Sorry, little kid."

He pats his head and stared at him, he remembers his childhood suddenly, it wasn't as happy as everyone else, but a certain new friend appeared out of nowhere and changed everything. "Why are you sad, Yoshi hyung?"

Yoshinori flinched and slipped his hands away, laughing a little as he looks at nothing but thin air, "Who says I'm sad?" He said in a joking tone, Gabriel kept quiet and scooted closer. He then stood up and wrapped his small arms around the high schooler, Yoshinori was surpised ofcourse, the sudden action made him froze on his spot.

"Papa said that warm hugs will heal your sadness, so I'll hug you, Yoshi hyung!" Gabriel chimes and smiles, Yoshinori had the urge to calm his senses as his shoulder fell, his chest became lighter as his lips curved into a small grin. "Thank you, Gab, you're such a good kid."

"Can hyung tell me what's wrong?" Gabriel asks and sat down again, looking up at him, curious. Yoshinori chuckles at how nosy this kid is, he ruffles his soft hair, "Oh nothing, I just made a mistake. I hurt a friend of mine."

"Did you say sorry to him, hyung?"

"I can't." Yoshinori answers truthfully.

Gabriel pouts, "Then you should say sorry, papa said that if you hurt someone's feeling you must apologise because nothing will happen if you just keep your pride higher." Yoshinori was stunned that this kid could even remember what Beomgyu has taught him, well, it wasn't just Beomgyu who raised him anyways.