42

excuse typos, uwu.

"Thirty more minutes and the game will start, if you have anything to do, do it now and quickly." Jungkook said and dropped off their bags, Beomgyu was so nervous to the point that his eye bags are showing today. Jisung squeaked in surpise, "B-Beomgyu hyung, are you okay?" He asks ans the boy nodded with a lazy smile, he shows them a thumbs up.

"I'm good, just gonna go grab a drink." He said and exited the gymnasium, walking towards the vending machine of energy drinks. He inserts his money and pressed for his chosen drink, he sighs and rubbed his eyes as he opened the lid, drinking half of it. And the moment he looked up, he swore he could feel the nervousness again.

There entered a group of boys wearing their varisty jackets, the so called snakes and poison of the game. Some players looked at them in awe and amusement, some in fear and being hopeless. Taehyun the noticed Beomgyu, there it is again, the intense stare and painful atmosphere, suffocating the brown haired boy.

He watched them and went inside the building, Beomgyu gripped on his drink and looks down at the ground, remembering the words he shared with him, the promise that he said. He then jumped when he felt a sudden tap on his shoulder, turning around, he sighed, "Hey, what's with that face?" Yeonjun asked, lifting his chin up.

Beomgyu whined and wrapped his arms around the boy's torso, hugging him tight and inhaling his scent, somehow, finally calming down. "Ah, I get it, nervous again?" Beomgyu nodded, refusing to let go of his comfort zone. "Don't be, angel. We can do this, we will win." Beomgyu lift his head up and exhaled, he tiptoed and pecked the taller's lips.

Yeonjun blushed but smiled, "Are you calm now?" Beomgyu hummed happily and nodded, "Lets go in and crush their bones!" He screams catching a few attentions from the people passing by, he pulled his boyfriend inside of the gymnasium and saw them getting ready. Beomgyu looks around and saw Taehyun on the other side, they made eye contact again.

But this time, Beomgyu grinned in a very intimidating way. Taehyun was slighlty surprised but he smirked in return. "Gyu!" Beomgyu looks to the person who called him, he smiled the widest and run towards him. "Hyuka! I'm glad to see you here!" They both shared a hug and pulled away after. Hueningkai giggles, "You better win this victory between you and Yubaem, I wanted to have a match with you guys."

"Me too! Anyways, goodluck on you game, you also better win." They both laughed and Yohan called his teammate, Hueningkai bid him a goodbye since their game is already starting. Beomgyu waved his hands and gave him a thumbs up before running back to their court, which their game is also going to start. He joined their cheer circle, "We can do this." Mark said.

They all nodded and went to their places, the whistle blows as Yeonjun stood out of the bounds and tossed the ball up high with his right hand, he ran and jumped as he spiked the ball which was received by the other team easily. He lets out a 'tsk', slightly annoyed of himself. The game started so hard for Kamagwinae, the force from the other side was suffocating indeed.

Well, it's their poison.

Currently, the score is 10 and 15 with Yubaem Academy on the lead. "Got it!" Beomgyu yells and received the ball as it flew up high for Haechan, the boy tossed the ball, "Yeonjun!" He said and the tall blonde took a run, he jumped so high and gathered all his strength on his left arm before spiking the ball that flew infront of his hand.

He let's out a gasp when Yubaem's blockers blocked his spike perfectly. Beomgyu quickly took for a dive and reached his arm out to receive and save the ball, but it was too late as it hit the ground. The brown haired male hissed, "Sorry!" He apologized the moment he stood up.

"Don't mind!" Mark says.

"Oh- they're changing." Guanlin looks at the other team, switching with a new one. Beomgyu was about to walk back to his place when he heard a sudden conversation, "Hey," He turned to them, a guy with a purple hair grabbed onto the net and faced Yeonjun. "One of these days, I'm gonna toss to you." He said to the blonde.

Yeonjun only stood there, unable to respond at all, thinking whether it was a compliment or an invitation. Beomgyu on the other hand was speechless as he went back to his position, the other team began to serve the ball. 'Toss? To Yeonjun?' He thought, those words never worn off at all. It seemingly made his heart squeeze for some reason.

'Does that mean that they could be partners? Setters and spikers get along very well too...' he trailed off in his mind, waving the thoughts away after, his smile was enveloped down with a sad frown, Jeongin noticed it but focused on blocking the other's spike. "Beomgyu!" Mark yells and the brown haired male flinched as he watched the ball fall down the ground infront of him.

It was a moment of silence until the whistle blows, Yubaem got another point, it was only the first set but it seems like the aura never changed, making the time looks like it was moving slowly. "S-Sorry!" He apologized and Mark pats his head, "Its fine-"

"Ya'll better focus!" Jihoon screams making Yeonjun, Mark, Jeongin and Guanlin shock, even the referee was frozen from the sudden shout. "Yes, yes, we got it!" Mark said and gestured the manager to calm down, Sana pats his shoulder and told him to set aside his annoyance. "Man, Jihoon's really scary." Jisung said and shivered.

The score right now is 19 and 21, as always, Yubaem Academy on the lead. Beomgyu's eyes watched as he received the ball, "Nice receive!" Jeongin said and focused back on the game. Beomgyu's eyes wandered as the ball fly up high meaning that anytime, it would make contact with the setter's palms and will be tossed towards the spiker.

'What if...'

He balled his fists, stopping himself for he is about to do something that he shouldn't.

'No, I can't...'

His pupils grew small as he felt his legs moved on its own, he ran towards the ball's direction and jumped for a toss. Causing him and Haechan, the setter, to bump into each other. Both of them yelped and fell down the ground, Jeongin gasped and dived in to save the ball, but it touched the ground already. Yubaem got the point again.

Jungkook sighed and called for a timeout, the Kamagwinae players gathered around for a short meeting. "What happened to that libero? Did he really think of tossing a ball?" One of the students who are watching said, the boy beside him shrugged as he thought of the same, "The game is immense yet messy."

"What was that?" Jungkook asked rather in a soft tone, not wanting to surprise the boy and lead him to being nervous.

"S-Sorry! I was spacing out!" He apologized and bowed politely, "It's fine, its fine-"

"Sorry Haechan!" Beomgyu turned to the setter and apologized again, the action made Haechan choke on his drink in shock, he isn't used to people saying sorry to him. "Whatever." He just said and Beomgyu stood up straight again, "I won't repeat the same mistake again!" He bowed for the third time, worrying most of them.

"If something is bothering you, you can tell us." Jungkook grinned softly and Beomgyu nodded, then, they started talking about strategies and plans about the opposite team. "We'll have to change your positions, seeing how Yeonjun couldn't spike easily with that blocker of them." He continued to talk about to.

And, it ended up with Yubaem Academy winning the first set, so, if they won the second set again, they will advance to the finals. Beomgyu sighs, 'I should be careful next time.'

[🐈]
Hellooo I hope you guys are having a good day!