44

excuse typos, uwu.

The air was filled with anxiety whenever the ball flies up, thinking of a move, doing a lot of strategies, it seemed like everyone is so focused and it felt sickening for some reason. Taehyun's words rang inside Beomgyu's head like its his ringtone now, he felt his heart race and fingertips got cold. He sighed and received the ball.

Current score is 22 and 24, Yubaem in favor. One more point and they will win, Beomgyu ofcourse won't allow that.

"Cover!" He yells after he dived in for the ball, quickly jumping up back to his place. "Left! Left!" Mark says and Jeongin and Guanlin blocked the spiker from the other team, but received their ball back and over the net, "Chance ball!" Yeonjun received the ball and reconnected it to Haechan.

'This is making my heart jump out of my chest, I cannot allaow them to win. Atleast give us a victory of set.' Beomgyu thought, his palms getting sweaty and beads of sweat on his forehead and neck are rolling down. By the time being, they are all having a rally, both teams refused of letting the ball hit the ground of their court, especially Kamagwinae.

"Give it to me!" Yeonjun screams and Haechan tossed the ba towards their ace, he jumped so high, its was like he's flying freely like a bird in the sky. The ball came in contact with his hand as he spiked it with all his force, Yubaem failed to receive it and finally, they got a point. "Nice kill!" Mark pats his back and Yeonjun nodded.

"Lets do this!" Beomgyu yells out loud with a very competing voice, Taehyun snickered only at it as he received the ball. He gave Minho another look and the older nod his head, when Taehyun is about to spike, Jeongin, Guanlin and Jinyoung are ready to block him. "2,3!" They both jumped, but it looks like it was late- no, too early.

'D-Delayed attack?' Jeongin thought as his eyes widened.

The moment the three blockers made contact with the ground, Taehyun jumped and raised his arm filled with all his force. Beomgyu's eyes widened as he get into position to save the ball, but then, Taehyun did the unexpected. The red head touched the ball with his fingertips, 'Feint? How-' he cut off his thoughts, non of them were close to the ball falling down.

Everything seemed to went in slow motion, neither of the players in Kamagwinae read that, they never saw that feint attack coming. 'I can still save it, I have to save it.' Beomgyu reached out his arm, stretching it as far as he could and dived in, and then..

It hit the ground.

The whistle blows.

Yubaem won.

The crowd grew loud- more specifically, those who were cheering for Yubaem Academy. Kamagwinae went silent, frozen on their places. Beomgyu was still on the ground, 'We...' He thought and quivered his lips, eyes widened in realisation, '...lost.' He could sense Yubaem in a group hug and praising each other with those smiles.

'I could've...saved it...'

"Hey, gyu, time to line up." Jeongin tapped his shoulder, the boy hesitated at first but stood up anyways. Although, he just stood there, staring at the opposite team. "Gyu." Jeongin calls out again, Beomgyu just kept quiet as he followed after his friend and joined the line up. Both teams bowed at each other, "Thank you for the game!"

Hueningkai saw it all, he wore a sad frown, "No..way." He uttered out seeing his friend and his teammates defeated, Yohan, who is drinking his water bottle beside him, also saw it too. "I guess we know who our next opponent will be, Yubaem Academy, as always." Hueningkai grits his teeth, seeing how down and quiet Beomgyu is.

"Lets.." Jungkook sighs seeing the misfit to his player's faces, he grins softly yet in a sad shape, "Let's pack our stuffs so we can go and take a rest. You all did great, you were awesome back there, we will take it next time." They all complied and went to grab their bags and put on their varisty jackets. Beomgyu never spoke a word, he just kept on walking and walking, following his teammates infront of him.