Chapter 29

*Asha Pov*

"Guys move it. We don't have much time." I shouted at Vicky and Rahul.

"Geez Asha! Don't shout like that. We just wanted to take very small break." Vicky said looking at me.

"Is this what you call small break? You are sitting there for the past one hour." I said hitting him with the pillow on his head.

I went near Rahul to hit him but he immediately moved away saying "I am going."

"Good! Now come on they will be here in any minute so just start doing something." I said and went towards Sandy's room to check her.

"You are acting just like my Mother-In-Law." Rahul mumbled getting up.

I turned around towards him and asked "What was that?"

"Nothing." He replied and they both left to see the arrangements.

I knocked on Sandy's door and opened it when she told me to. After entering I saw Sandy getting ready and Mandira helping her.

"Hey! You are looking beautiful." I said standing near her. She is wearing a pink and skyblue color combination of half sari.

"Thank you Asha for letting us have the rituals from our side in your house." She said holding my hand.

"Don't Sandy. You both are my close friends ofcourse I would do it." I said smiling.

"Finished! Now I will go and the ready." Mandira said and left the room.

"So.. can I ask you small favor?" Sandy asked fidgeting with her hands.

"Sure Sandy. What is it?" I asked her and sat beside her.

"You know that my parents are dead right?" She asked me.

I nodded smiling sadly. She told me about them when I was staying in London.

"We actually need parents for the rituals and for everything right. My brother is going to take their place. And..." she stopped herself from saying something.

"Tell me Sandy." I asked her.

"I know this is too much to ask you this but will you accompany to be beside him for all these?" She asked dropping some bomb there.

I just sat there in shock and said "I..I..." but I couldn't find any words to say.

"It's just that you are special to me Asha. I won't miss my parents that much if you both do this together." She said pleading me.

"Ok. I will do it. But is he ok with this?" I asked her.

"He will be. Don't worry." She said and I just nodded.

"I will go and get ready. When they reach here, I will get you ok." I said leaving the room.

I went inside my room and got ready. I am wearing a normal green color half sari.

Vicky messaged me that Lucky and his parents reached. And also few relatives reached here.

I immediately went inside Sandy's room and started walking us both to the living room where everyone is waiting for us.

I saw Prem standing little back from all the relatives.

Lucky was sitting on the two seater couch which we placed in the middle of the room. I made Sandy sit beside him.

Now first Roka is going to be held. It is an informal agreement between the families of both bride and groom.

This ceremony is conducted to fix the relationship between a girl and a boy. Here, dry-fruits, sweets and gifts are exchanged between both the family members.