Chapter 55

*Asha Pov*

It's been one week since we talked to each other. We just have this cold war between us ignoring each other and just acted like other person is not even present.

Well this is not what happened in reality. We didn't ignore each other and actually exchanged quite a few words between us.

Everyday I wake up with his hand holding me. Then I release myself slowly from him trying to not wake him up and please do note 'Try'. But he always opens his eyes when I even move a little bit.

We exchange 'Good mornings' and 'Good nights' normally. While having breakfast he asks me 'whether I am taking my medicines or not?' and also about my leg.

I give him my replies politely not at all ignoring his questions. In the evenings I finish my dinner before him and try to sleep soon before he arrives.

I thought after I told him how his late timings are actually affecting me he would change. But no he is the same and coming home even past 9pm.

The only thing that is totally different is we both are not looking into each others eyes. My leg is also hurting less by each passing day.

I didn't talk to our friends this whole week. I mean I don't know what they are even thinking about that incident so I didn't call them. And they too didn't. It kind of feels a little awkward which I definitely don't want to feel at all.

At present I am sitting on the couch reading the new novel I found in our room. It is very interesting and I am sure I will not put it down until I finish it.

Then I heard the door bell making me frown because it is past lunch time and I don't know who it is.

I opened the door to see Rahul standing with a smile on his face. I smiled brightly at him and immediately hugged him.

"I am so sorry Rahul." I said releasing him.

"Don't say anything Asha. Can I talk to you?" he asked smiling.

I nodded and he came inside. I closed the door and we both sat in the living room.

"How is your Ankle?" He asked looking at the cast.

"Now it is kind of fine. In five days the cast will be removed." I replied excitingly.

"That's really good." He said nodding.

"So what do you want to talk to me?" I asked him frowning.

He didn't reply immediately so I looked down saying "Please don't tell me that you find yourself another dance partner."

"What? Where did you even get that thought from?" He asked shocked.

"That day Prem asked you to.." I started replying but stopped when I heard him chuckling.

"What so funny about it?" I asked him confused.

"Asha! Do you seriously think that I will find some other dance partner and give performances? I mean I started those because of you and for you. If you decide to not give performances anymore in future I can continue my teaching so I don't have problem with that at all." He replied smiling kindly.

"Oh! So you forgave him right? If you didn't then please do it for me." I said pleading him.

"First of all I didn't give much thought to his words and second of all he visited me the very next day. He said 'sorry' so many times even when I told him that he doesn't need to. So I don't know why you are still talking about it." He said frowning.