Chapter 44

*Asha Pov*

He is such a dumb! I thought and started walking away from him.

Then my Dad saw me and came near me smiling.

"Asha! What are you doing here?" He asked smiling. If I have to point out then I would say a lot of smiling actually.

"Nothing Dad." I replied.

"Ok. I want to talk to you about something. Sid just complained to me that you are not talking to him properly." Dad said in accusing tone.

How dare he? Is he some kid or what to go and complaint that some person is not talking to him.

"Why do I even want to talk to him when I just don't like him?" I asked him frowning.

"You should not talk about your future husband like that." Dad replied.

"I didn't get any nightmares today in my sleep that Sid is my future husband Dad." I said rolling my eyes.

"What?" He asked confused.

I took a deep breath and said "Dad! I don't like Sid and I don't want to marry him. I like someone else. Just stop all these non-sense talk about him being my future husband or something."

"Don't just talk rubbish Asha. I asked Radha and she told me all the qualities you wish in your partner. Sid fills all of them." He said raising his tone.

"So? I don't want to get married to him and that's it." I said raising my voice too.

"I will not take this answer. I prepared everything for the wedding. The moment we reach Mumbai, everything will be announced." He said and tried to move away.

"No away! I don't care what you prepared. I don't want this." I said looking at him.

"If you will say 'no' then all our respect in the society will fall down. I told everyone about this. So try to get along with the idea." He said in warning tone.

I silently nodded and he left me there. Then Radha aunty came near me and hugged me.

"I don't want to marry him Aunty." I whispered.

"We will think of something when we reach Mumbai. For now Sandy needs you. There are still some things to do right. You told me that you will try your best to make this wedding perfect for her. Now think about only that so that the pain will go away atleast for sometime." She said consoling.

I released myself from her and said "You are right."

"Good! Now come on. It is time for Vidai." She said and we both went near the entrance where everyone is ready for this.

I went there hearing Sandy being questiond by one guest "Why are you not crying?"

"Why should I Aunty? I know my Bhai will always be there with me whenever I need him. Lucky will not stop me from going to my house. And also now he is going to come with me to the Mumbai." Sandy replied calmly.

"She is right Aunty. Yeah this is very emotional moment for all the brides but some will always be in exception in this moment anywhere." I said.

I walked to Sandy with the plate of Puffed rice which was handed over by Mandira who was holding it until now.

"Sandy! Throw these behind you ok. I will catch them. Or do you want someone else to catch them?" I asked her.

"No! You only do that." She replied.

I was about to go behind her but Mandira stopped me asking "You explained about everything right? Now explain this too."

I smiled and said "These are thrown towards Parental home by bride. But as nowadays all the weddings are taking place in functional halls. We molded it a little. We catch them as usual but just put them in her home later. And this ritual symbolizes her giving back whatever she has taken from her father's home. That is she is conveying good wishes to her parents."