Chapter 53

*Asha Pov*

This pain is killing me!

I opened my eyes and look beside me to see an empty space. Then I saw a slip in his place.

I helped myself to sit up and opened the slip. It is read:

I am leaving for my office. I put the breakfast beside you.

I tried to wake you up but you were lights out completely maybe because of the medicines.

I will send lunch for you or I will come.

Call me if you need anything.

Prem..

I smiled and got up from the bed using crutch which I placed it yesterday evening. After getting freshen up, I had the breakfast he placed on the table beside the bed.

While eating I thought about yesterday how he took care of me. Fed me some food against my protest and made me took my tablets.

He didn't even allow me to use the crutch but I reasoned him saying I need it when he goes to office right. So I really need to get used to it.

I talked to Sandy and Mandira after sometime as I am getting bored completely. Then finally his attender arrived with the food.

I took it polietely thanking him and dived into it. Because of these medicines either I am getting sleepy or getting too much hungry.

I walked carefully towards living room and sat infront of the television. I changed channels continuously as there is nothing interesting in it.

Looking at the time I saw that it is past six. Prem told me that he will be home before six. Maybe he will come in few minutes.

Thinking this I started waiting for him but dozzed off into sleep on the couch itself.

After some time I felt someone shaking me, I opened my eyes to see Prem smiling guiltily infront of me.

"Hey! What's the time? When did you come?" I asked him sitting.

"Uhmm... it's 8pm and I just arrived." He replied scratching his neck.

"Oh!" that's all I said and switched off the television.

"Sorry Asha! There was so much work and.." he started to say sitting beside me.

"I know Prem. I know that there must be work and all. Can we eat our dinner?" I said smiling.

"Yeah! I brought the food for us." He said and tried to help me get up.

I stopped him and got up by myself saying "I already told you Prem that I need to get used to this."

Without hearing his reply I went near dinning table and sat on it. He followed my suit bringing food along with him.

As I already placed two plates in the afternoon itself we served food for ourselves and staretd eating.

We both finished our dinner calmly without exchanging any word with each other. After that we both went inside our room.

I layed down on our bed and took the medicines I have to take for now. He went inside the washroom to get ready for the bed I guess.

He returned from the washroom and layed down beside me. I turned to see him having few frowns on his face.

I placed my hand on his forehead and rubbed the frowns saying "Didn't I tell you that frowns don't look good on your face?"

"Hmm.. will you be honest with me Asha?" he asked suddenly turning towards me.