Chapter 39

*Sandy Pov*

Today I am going to get married but there are still two rituals to be taken care of. Asha got herself busy with all the work.

If we want to talk to her then she is only available for the talkings about the wedding. For general topics she is just avoiding all of us.

I really want to know what she is thinking about yesterday. Is she thinking about marrying Sid?

I need to talk to her otherwise I am sure my brother will be heart broken. As if she heard my call, she entered my room.

"Asha?" I called her.

"Do you need anything Sandy?" She asked sitting beside me.

"Yeah! What are you thinking about yesterday?" I asked her nervously.

"Nothing." She replied bluntly.

"Asha! I know the wishes you have for future husband are in Sid but think about my Bhai too." I said. I know I am stepping out of my line but I need to.

She looked at me confused and asked "What are you talking about?"

"Yesterday you told us your wishes you want in your future husband and his family. They all will be fulfilled if you marry Sid right by the reasons he told you." I replied explaining to her.

She looked at me for few minutes and said "You guys didn't understand my words clearly at all. Anyway you get ready; we need to start the ritual."

With that she left my room. What does she mean that we didn't understand her words?

After getting ready I left my room and went inside the living room to see four oil lamps are placed beside one stool.

Asha came near me and made me sit on that stool.

"So your Uncle or anyone you believe as uncle should do this ceremony. Is anyone there to do it?" Asha asked me.

I shook my head because we have no one. And as for my parent's friends, we were never that much close to them.

"They even need to fast until you see the chooda. Prem! Do you know anyone?" Asha asked him.

He too shook his head and we both shared the look. I know no matter how much Bhai takes care of everything there will be always something missing without our parents.

"Rahul! Will you do it?" Asha asked him.

"Sure. But I need your assistance as I don't know what to do." Rahul replied coming bear us.

"I know. I already decided that and even fasting from yesterday night. By that this ceremony will be more pure." Asha said.

I couldn't help but hug her tightly. She is doing everything more than my parents will ever do maybe.

She released herself and smiled at me.

"Sandy! You need to close your eyes until I tell you." She said and I just nodded closing my eyes.

*Prem Pov*

When Sandhya closed her eyes, Mandira moved away from her.

Asha stopped her saying "Where do you think you are going? Sit down on the stool beside her."

"Why?" Mandira asked confused.

"You are getting married tomorrow morning right. Even though you are not going through normal wedding procedure, you too wear them. It brings good luck for newly weds" Asha replied and made her sit.

"But I can't participate in her wedding wearing white cloth around them right?" Mnadira asked.

"Yeah! You can see them along with Sandy. It will be ok." Asha replied.