Chapter 47

*Prem Pov*

"Thank you so much for being a part of this celabration of Lucky and Sandy's reception. And also for Vicky, Mandira's reception." She started the speech saying this.

"As for my engagement thanks for that too." She said making me roll my eyes.

I really don't want to stay here and see this controlling my anger and hurt. Why did she do this to me?

"My Dad loves me so much." She said this and we can see everyone clapping for that statement.

We looked at her in shock like when did sun rise from the west?

Asha! Are you going to lie like this to all these people? I thought to myself. I shook my head and started taking a sip of water from the glass Lucky offered.

"Yeah! He loves me so much that I wish he is not my father at all." She suddenly said making everyone gasp and me chocking on the water.

What is she trying to do?

The same question is asked by her Dad as "What are you trying to do?"

"Trying to tell the truth." She replied coldly and turned again towards all of us.

"If I say that he loves me so much and he protected me with his both hands then that would be the sentence filled with sarcasm." She said glaring at her dad.

"He never loved me. I was never a daughter to him. His business is the only thing that is important to him more than anything." She said.

Her dad tried to stop her but she continued saying "I was hurt so much by this. I even got eating disorder because he wouldn't come home for dinner regularly. I cried many times and I wish my Mom is there near me every second. Radha Aunty who is actually my Nanny took care of me completely and even at this age."

"I accepted all this and left this place. I went near the people who think me as their family and I got myself with some profession. But then he came near me acting like a perfect father. I was little happy thinking maybe he has chaged. So stupid of me." She said laughing without any humor.

I so want to go near her and hug her tightly. It must be so hard for her to say all this.

"Do you know the reason for it? It is because the son of his new client likes me and wants to marry me. He did one thing correct by asking Radha aunty my wishes and accepted it. But he never asked me about my decision. He decided everything and did all the preparations." She said shaking her head.

"That's it Asha. Stop it!" Her Dad shouted.

"What? This is the interesting part Dad. Don't stop the drama." She said and turned towards us.

"I told him that I don't want to marry Sid and that I like someone else. But do you know what he said? He said that if I say 'no' then our family name will fall in the society. So there will be no changes. But I had to agree a little for that time because it was my friends' marriage." She said looking at Sandy.

"Today it was epic. I called him asking about why did he chosed this venue for reception. He said that this is as a wedding present and he wants to conduct engagement here. I was like whose engagement and then he told me that I am going to get engaged to Sid. I protested so badly and he said if I do it then he will be like how a normal dad would be. If I don't then he would disown me." She said and we all can see the tears.

By this time Sid got down from the stage looking embarrassed and is standing between the guests.

She was going through all these and we had no idea about that at all. How cruel can her Dad be more than this?