Jealous

Before I begin, I just wanted to say that I am just writing my ideas. I don't mean to copy anyone else's ideas, so I apologize if I happen to write something similar. I guess great minds think alike!

Word Count (including bold text): 1271

I've been dating Carl Grimes for about 6 months now, and our relationship is great. Even without the apocalypse, I would still choose him. All I can think about is Carl. Every second of every day. He's my best friend; Ron would be my second. 

Ron and I have today off in Alexandria. No runs, no watch, and no responsibilities. I don't mind, but I wouldn't be able to have everyday off because I need something to do. Carl is on a run with Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Glenn. I always get extremely nervous when he goes on runs, so I have to distract myself with comics, helping the people here, or Ron. 

Ron and I have just finished walking around Alexandria talking about life (now and before this all happened), family, hobbies, and things we would do if there were no more walkers. 

"Now what should we do?" I ask.

"Not sure. You know when they will be back?" Ron asks, referring to the group on the run.

"I don't know, I hope soon. I always get so nervous when Carl goes on runs. I don't think I could live anymore if he was gone," I reply truthfully. 

Ron's face drops for a second, but then he smiles. "Y/N, he's safe. He can handle himself. Plus, he has all the others to look out for him and you know Rick wouldn't let anything happen to him. Want to just go sit by the lake or something?" 

"Yeah, it'll help distract me". 

We walk over to the lake and sit in the grass, staring at the still water in silence. After a while, Ron looks over to me. 

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?" I say as I turn my head to face him. He looks nervous.

"I have to tell you something... I know you're not going to like it, but it'd be unfair if I kept it in any longer," he says, making me nervous as well. "I- Y/N I like you. A lot. An-and I know you're with Carl and you're happy with him, but I like you. I know if you gave me a chance I would never hurt you... I just..." he trailed off. 

"Ron that's really sweet, but you're right, I am happy with Carl. I love him, and nothing could change that. You're one of my best friends and I don't want this to ruin our friendship." 

"Yeah, I know. I just thought I'd tell you."

We both turn back to the lake, sitting in an awkward silence, neither of us knowing what to say. I never knew he liked me like that. I mean, he was a little flirty, but I always thought he was just joking. 

Finally, Ron spoke up. "Remember that time you fell in the lake?" He has a giant smirk on his face.

"Oh no!" I start laughing. "But remember that was your fault?"

"How was that my fault?!" He looks at me and starts laughing. 

"Because you came up behind me and scared the shit out of me, Ron!" 

We're both laughing so hard about funny and embarrassing memories from Alexandria, that I don't even notice that Carl is standing right behind me until he says something. 

"Y/N I'm back. Thought you would be happy that I was alive," he says disappointed.

I jump up and spin around to hug him with a big smile on my face. He hugs me back, but not as tight as usual. "Carl, you were gone longer than usual I was getting nervous".

"Sure looked like it," he mumbles as he releases me.

I furrow my eyebrows as I look into his eyes, which reflects sadness. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he says and starts walking away.

"Wait, Carl!" I call after him. I turn to Ron, whose smile had faded, and said, "I'll talk to you later, okay?" 

He nods and forces a smile. 

Carl reaches our house (shared by me, Carl, Rick, and Michonne) as I catch up to him. I grab his shoulder and he jerks it away, opening the door. I was half expecting him to shut it in my face, but I guess he figured I would just open the door anyway. Carl storms upstairs and I keep following him. He slams the door to his room shut, and I know he's pissed about something. We each have our own rooms, but we are always in mine. He rarely ever goes in his own room.

I knock on the locked door. Silence. I knock again. "Carl, open the door. Please. Why are you mad at me?" I still hear nothing. "What did I even do, Carl?" More silence. "I'll just get back to Ron, then," I say softly. I turn to leave when the door suddenly swings open, and I feel Carl grab my wrist, preventing me from leaving. 

"You're not leaving. Not happening. Especially to go see Ron."

"Well did you just want me to sit by your door all night?" I ask sarcastically. 

"You want to know why I'm fucking mad? Well, maybe it's because I walk through the gates of Alexandria after almost being bitten to see my girlfriend flirting with another guy, not even caring that her boyfriend, who almost died, made it back. For her. Because he couldn't stand to be without her," he says sternly. 

"Seriously, Carl? I can't have friends? And we weren't flirting!" I felt like this would be bad time to mention Ron liking me. I'll tell him later. "Carl I can't just sit at home all day while thinking about bad things happening to you on the runs. I have to distract myself. He knew I was nervous about you so he was trying to take my mind off of it. I promise." 

His face softens slightly and he lets go of my wrist.

All of a sudden I find myself fully understanding what he told me. "Wait, you were almost bitten?! Carl, this is why I don't like you going on runs! Oh my God, please don't go on anymore runs. Please?"

"Y/N. It's fine. I'm okay. And I'm sorry for overreacting. I was just stressed and I'm just tired from the run. It's been a long day. I didn't mean to take it out on you. I'm sorry." He looks down at his feet, then back up to me. How can I stay mad at him?

"It's okay. I can't stay mad at you, you're too adorable." I look up to see him giving me a small smile. I can see the regret in his eyes. 

"Y/N, I'm really tired," he says as he laughs, which causes me to do the same. "Go lay down and cuddle?" 

I nod and smile. "I'd very much like that." 

I lay down on my bed, Carl following. He lays on his back and says, "come here," with open arms. 

I move closer to him and lay my head on his chest, feeling his heartbeat, as he wraps his arms around my waist. He kisses my forehead. "I love you, Y/N". 

"I love you, Carl," I reply.

We both lay there in silence for a while before I finally close my eyes. 

"Y/N?" 

"Yeah?" I ask sleepily.

"What were you guys laughing about? I love seeing you so happy."

My first one is done! It's kind of long, but not too bad. Let me know what you think, and comment suggestions or anything else!