I'll pretend I don't love him

You and you're best friend Charlie went to a fancy party together for a special occasion. You got dressed up in a electric blue dress and Charlie with a leisure suit with a matching cloth in his suit pocket. You were browsing around with a drink in your hand saying hello and having small talk with your friends. But then you saw your ex boyfriend. You tried to avoid him and walk the other way, but you ended up bumping into him anyway. "Yn?" He said. "Oh hi Tyler. It's been a while" you said trying to be polite. He nodded. "It has."

"So how have you've been doing?" "Pretty well actually. How about you?"

"I'm doing good. I'm engaged actually to my girlfriend." That took you by surprise a little. You actually deep down still had feelings for Tyler and you hoped one day you could try again. But nonetheless you still smiled for Tyler. "Congratulations." You said.

Tyler smiled back as he excused himself. You sucked up your quivering lip and desperately wiped your eyes from any tears trying to slip by. "Yn" you heard Charlie call. You try to rush to the bathroom before Charlie could see you crying.

You ran into the woman's restroom and locked yourself in a stall. You let all your emotions out. You left the house feeling pretty and now you were here feeling empty. You came out of the stall and wiped your eyes and mascara stains on your cheeks.

"Yn?" Charlie poked his head in the door. "Charlie this is the woman's bathroom, you can't be in here."

"I know, but I saw you run to the bathroom and I was just concerned if you were ok." He said. You nodded. "I'm fine I just got something in my eye." Charlie walked up to you. "Yn I know you're not fine. I can tell because your voice is shaky and your eyes have that tired look that you get from crying really hard."

"Since when are you a detective?" You asked laughing a little. "Since because I know my best friend." You looked at Charlie. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Everything."

You ushered Charlie for a hug as he pulled you close. "You know Tyler my ex boyfriend is getting married to his girlfriend. And I wanna be happy for him but deep down I still love him."

Charlie rubbed your back. "It's ok yn. Everything will be okay...... I love you." You slowly pulled away from Charlie and looked up at him. "Y-You do?"

Charlie didn't say anything. "You mean like a friend right?" You said kinda disappointed. "No.... like a.. like someone that I've cared about for a long time." You smiled. "I loved you too Charlie I just didn't wanna ruin our friendship. I liked Tyler so much because he reminded me of you."

Charlie kissed your temple. "You have me now." He said. You both went back out to the party knowing that you were now each other's lovers.

Hope you like this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!!

Bye!!!😉