Blood draw

It was the day you dreaded the most. The day for you to get blood drawn. You hated needles ever since you were a child and being an adult didn't stomp that out. The truth was you were petrified. But it was embarrassing having your boyfriend see you crying and screaming over a little needle. You've never told in fear of being a baby to him.

But it was unavoidable now, you had hesitantly scheduled an appointment with your doctor for a blood test and it would be unlawful of you to back out now. So you shuffled along and started getting dressed, despite the obvious knot in your stomach. "Hey babe, where are you going?" Stunned, you turned to look at your boyfriend's face with a curiosity look as to why you had your purse slung around your shoulder.

"I-I have to go to the doctor's today for a blood draw," You gulped. The words spilling out of your mouth were enough to paralyze you. "Oh nice, hey do you mind if I tag along? I have to ask the the doctor something important about my foot." Charlie's foot had been cramping up for a while sporadically and it no surprise that by now he was concerned especially since it had been happening for a while now.

Charlie grabbed his keys and the two of you were out the door and making you way down to the doctor's office. The waiting room had that sterile smell to it that sent daunting shiver down your spine. A chill lashed out inside of your body, making goosebumps appear and the hair on your head to stance a little. "Yn Ln," You said to the receptionist. The receptionist pulled out a slip from a folder and had you sign it. You did and then she put it into a paper holder, ready for her to call you back. You sat down next to Charlie, who could see you were visibly shaking. "Are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah it's just a little chilly in the waiting room." You swallowed hard, watching the clock tick by endlessly. "Yn?" You shot up at the sound of your name being called. You stood up from your seat with wobbly legs and walked back with the nurse as your boyfriend followed closely behind. You were introduced to the room with the all too familiar long chair that had a built-in armrest table where you will lay your arm down for the nurse to get a vein and then pinch you with the needle. You breathed heavily as you seated yourself in the big bulky chair and with a fickle, you laid your arm out for the nurse.

Charlie noticed the spooky and abash expression that was present on your face. Your eyes darted to the nurse who was setting up the needle and the wipes. "Okay yn, so I'm going to take some blood now, it'll go super fast." You nodded and gulped loudly. You fidgeted in the seat and flinched everytime the needle came even close to you. "I'm just feeling for a vein." The nurse reassured. But it wasn't enough for you. You still shivered with the thought of the needle piercing your skin. "Want me to hold your hand baby?" You glanced over to see Charlie making room your hand into his soft big ones. 

Suddenly your world fell back into place. No more fear encaged you and the nurse had no problems putting the needle into your arm. You watch as the blood flowed through the tiny tube and into the test ones that were steadily being replaced with a new one. "All done," The nurse said cleaning away your arm and untying the rubber tie that tightened everything in your arm.

She took the needle out and wrapped your arm in the purple bandage that was readily available. "Thank you Charlie," you kissed his forehead.

"Anything for you yn." He said returning the kiss.