Hard day

You're day at work was far from good. Period. Your boss was going through a grievous divorce and decided taking it out on his co-workers was 'healing'. He worked you like a slave for your entire 11 hour shift and going home a seemed farther and farther away. You rushed out of your office doors-not even saying goodbye to the devil in a white shirt and blue tie.

Then it was the coffee shop on the way home. A cup of hot tea that spilled the minute your foot hit a upheaved sidewalk square on the way home. Not one drop hit your tongue before the whole thing came spilling out. Then after unlocking your apartment door, you slammed your finger in it after closing it behind you, making you drop your phone. It wasn't cracked all the way, but it did have a small microscope crack that stood at the edge of the phone.

You threw your bag on the couch and plopped on the opposite loveseat across. Charlie your husband came in and saw the disgruntled look on your face. You were nursing the throbbing finger in your mouth, using it as a pacifier to keep from crying and just letting out all your pent up emotions. "Hey babe, I gotta get changed." You jumped up from the loveseat and ran upstairs to the bathroom. You changed into a sweatshirt and sweat pants and took off your makeup, trying to beat the now freely falling tears from ruining the mascara you had earlier replied. But with no luck.

Mascara tears soaked your face in black lines as the stress and pains of today had gotten to you. When that happened, the world was gray, you became your worst enemy and nothing would make it go away. It was your guilty pleasure of sitting in your own self destructive pity and not wanting a push out of it.

You eventually came downstairs with the same morose look on your face that motioned for Charlie to come and comfort you. "Hey yn how was your day." You shook your head while fixing a pot of coffee. "That bad?" "Ha, My boss thinks bullying me is therapeutic for his divorce. Then I spilled my hot tea, and slammed my finger in the door, dropping my phone while I was at it."

"Oh I'm sorry." "Me too." Charlie came over and kissed your cheek and wrapped his arms around your waist and nuzzled his chin into your the side of your neck. "It'll be okay. Lemme see your thumb."

You showed him the slightly purple and reddish swollen thumb. Charlie tenderly and soundly kissed it and then kissed your cheek. "I love you honey." You blushed a warm sentimental feeling that took the self pity away. "I love you too."

Hope you like this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!!

Bye!!!😉