Special delivery

The pain shot through your body like a wave. Your husband Charlie who was a resident doctor was pushing your wheelchair to the elevator. Charlie had studied for being a doctor for years even before you both met. You instantly fell for each other the moment you locked eyes. 2 years later now married and on your way to give birth to your twins.

Your water broke and your contractions picked up even more. Charlie was just as nervous as you were and the elevator stopping didn't help. What a great time for a power outing. Now you were stuck on the elevator in labor with no electricity. "Charlie it's time!" you yelped. "Are you sure? Can you try to keep it in for now?"

"There's no time!" you frantically said about to deliver any second. Fortunately it was just you two in the elevator, so Charlie helped you out of the wheelchair and he turned it upside down so the back part could be used as a cushion. "Yn...I'm gonna have to deliver the babies okay?" You nodded as Charlie gave a small reassuring smile. You focused on your breathing as instructed and spread your legs apart. Charlie took some latex gloves from the boxes from the top, grateful that the elevator had some medical supplies on it seeing how doctors and nurses took this elevator all the time. He grabbed some big cloths and spread them under you and the others he was saving for the babies.

Your husband pulled your gown up and put a drape over your bottom half. "Now yn, in a minute i'll tell when to push okay?" he softly said. "Okay." you said out of breath. Charlie lubricated his fingers the best way he could before inserting them inside your vagina. You felt unease with the pressure inside of you. You squirmed as you felt your cervix being prodded around trying to feel for a head. "Okay yn. 1,2,3, push!" You pushed as you could and then pushing again. "Ahh Charlie this hurts too bad!'

"I know yn, but you're doing great keep going!" Charlie wiped the sweat from your forehead and continued in delivering your children. You pushed as hard as you could and pretty soon a cry was heard. You gasped as you saw Charlie holding the small gooey baby in his hands. "It's a boy." he cried. Tears streamed down your cheeks as Charlie flushed out your baby's lungs and nose. He wrapped him up in the cloth next to him real quickly before he went back to deliver the next baby. A powerful contraction hit and you pushed through your internal screaming and clenched your jaw and pushed out baby number 2. "It's another boy." Charlie clamped the cords and delivered the placenta just as the power came back on. 

"Thank you so much Char for delivering the babies. I don't know what I would've done without you." You said out of breath. "At least you gave birth in the hospital like you wanted." he joked. You sarcastically chuckled as he cleaned you up and called for backup. The doctors and nurses came and put you on a gurney and quickly cut the twin's umbilical cord. You and Charlie named the boys Ethan and Austin. Austin was born 2 minutes before Ethan. The were the spitting image of each seeing how they were mirror twins. They both shared features from you and Charlie. His eyes and smile, but your hair and dimples.

"They're beautiful." Charlie said holding Ethan while you held Austin. "This is the best present I could have ever asked for." You both already loved the boys with you're whole heart and you promised that you would always protect them no matter what.

It was a birth you and Charlie would no doubt remember and treasure for the rest of your lives.  

Hope you liked this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!!

Bye!!!😉