Facetime

Here I was lying in bed thinking about my crush Charlie. We've gotten so close over the couple of months, that I wanted him to know that I really liked him. I decided to FaceTime him and to my surprise he answered. "Hey yn how are you?"

"Oh I'm great thanks......so I heard about that score you discovered at work?" "Oh yeah, who would've thought that it would have been hidden in between one of the guitar riffs I sampled?" I giggled. "Yeah." The thought weighed on my mind heavily. Was this the right time? Was he single? What if he didn't love me back?
"Hey char is it okay if I tell you something really important?" "Sure." Charlie became nervous and suspicious. "Uh...so... I've been thinking it over for a while now and...I... like you.... but.... more than a friend."

My eyes were closed but I slowly opened them to a blurry Charlie. My stomach cramped up and my vision turned dark and splotchy. Charlie didn't respond and I tried to picture his smile through the phone but I couldn't make out enough of it to confirm my fantasy. So I quickly apologized and ended the facetime. I felt so embarrassed and just plain sick. I wanted to vomit but I didn't want to either. I layed back in my bed and felt the stinging of tears erupting from my eyes. "How could I possibly think that he'd like me I'm out of his league anyway." I said chocking back pity tears.

My phone buzzed from Charlie calling but I just couldn't bring myself to answer. I left my phone on my bed and got up to clear my head. I felt so worthless and like a utter complete loser. I made myself some tea that I couldn't bring myself to drink because of how upset I was. I went to bed that night practically crying myself to sleep. The worst part was how I meant everything I said and felt but.... I'll never know if he feels the same. I loved him so much and I wanted him to love me so bad.

I couldn't sleep. My stomach was still in a knot from when I called and my sweat drenched me in my sheets. I wasn't until I decided at 2 in the morning I was defeated in sleeping soundly through the night. I texted Charlie instead but he never replied. Instead he called me back. I decided my best bet was to answer. "Hey." I tiredly said. "Hey yn, sorry to wake you....but I just wanted to tell you that I like you too. I just didn't know how to say it. I didn't wanna lose you."

Tears started falling from my cheeks. "I really like you too Charlie and I wasn't sure what was gonna happen if.....well if I made a mistake." "Yn....I love you. It wasn't a mistake. It was the push I needed to make me confess my feelings."

My heart slowly pieced itself back together. "I love you too Charlie." "How about we meet up tomorrow? Just you and me?"

"Sounds like a plan!" After the call, I went back to sleep feeling much less regretful of my facetime call. I'm glad I was honest with my feelings. The truth will set you free in more ways than one.

Hope you like this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!!

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye!!!😉