Freckles

You groaned as you stared at the brown speckles clouding your face up in the mirror. You always hated them ever since you were a child. You were bullied about them constantly and started wearing foundation in your early teens to just look normal. But on the inside you felt horrible. You couldn't love yourself because no one else could.

You were thinking about doing the all natural look today to feel good, but it wasn't working. Why would your boyfriend, the one you met while the coverage was on your face, want to kiss your freckled face? Your insecurities grew larger when you realized you ran out of foundation. Which meant taking a trip to the mall for a new container. So you sucked it up and put on the makeup you did have and walked out, trying to feel confident in yourself despite the constant power struggle you felt throughout the day.

The minute you stepped foot in the mall, it felt like all eyes were on you. Even though you knew you were overdramatizing, that didn't stop the sick knotted feeling in your stomach that came from the endless overthinking that you became accustomed to. You trailed into Sephora and picked out the exact shade of foundation that you wanted and went up to the counter.

You were in the clear, no one seemed to notice or care about your face or foundation or-

"Yn?" A familiar voice echoed throughout the store. You turned around ghastly to see a perplexed Charlie coming towards as the cashier handed you the signature black and white small dainty cute bag that held your self confident foundation. Your face blushed an ashamed red as Charlie realized you were in your natural look. You turned away slightly, hoping to make all the abashment disappear and that Charlie would somehow fade away. "Hey, you have freckles." You smiled with shame and turned away, despite Charlie being able to see through your 'poker face'. 

It felt like a blot was inked on your face and you were a main attraction in a circus. "Yn, what's wrong?" "Oh nothing, I was just...um....well I didn't dress up you know."

Charlie smiled and kissed your face. "You're still beautiful to me." Butterflies rushed through you. That warm afterglow hue illuminated your lovescorn aura that was induced by Charlie. "Wanna grab a pretzel?" "Sure." You said wrapping your arm around his waist. Maybe the natural look wasn't so bad after all.

Hope you like this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!!

Bye!!! 😉