Allergy

Charlie wanted to surprise you for your first anniversary. To him, you were the best thing he could ever wish for. He never failed to show you the love you were entitled to for being such a good wife. So Charlie came up with the thought of baking a cake for you. A strawberry shortcake.

Ingredients were mixed, frosting was decorated to a precise design and strawberries were planted all around the sweet treat. "I'm home," Your voice rang through the house. "Hey yn, happy anniversary." A sentimental expression pullulated your face. Rosette colored cheeks were a main feature of yours that to many, brought a childlike babyface attraction to you. Charlie always poked fun at calling you 'his baby' just to see a cute little pout sprout from you. Your eyes immediately darted to the 2 layer strawberry shortcake that was displayed in the cake container on your kitchen counter.

"Looks good!" Charlie turned around to see the main attraction you were gazing at. "Oh yeah, I made it as a surprise." You took a closer step, not wanting to waste a precious second in devouring the piquant cake. Charlie cut a decent slice for you to taste as well as one for himself. "Cheers," He said holding his plate of the strawberry delicate up to clink with yours. "Cheers." You put a forkful in your mouth, allowing the sweetened bread to melt into your tastebuds.

But it wasn't until your throat started to close, when you realized this wasn't a side effect of the yummy delicacy you were eating. Big hives appeared over your arms and your eyes watered like you had you had been cutting onions. Charlie immediately noticed this change in you, and panic rose in his eyes. "Yn?" You could barely speak, but managed to set your plate down, rather harshly on the counter before stumbling over to the junk drawer.

You grabbed an epi pen and stabbed yourself in the thigh. Your breath came back along with your clear complexion. Charlie darted to you and escorted you to the living room and sat you on the couch. "Are you okay? What happened?" You shook your head. "I must've forgotten I'm allergic to strawberries." Charlie furrowed his eyebrows and looked down at his leg. "I'm so sorry, this is my fault." You shook your head rapidly before taking his hands into yours.

"No it's not! You didn't know," "Yeah, but I ruined our anniversary." You gave Charlie a soft gentle smile. "This was the perfect anniversary I could wish for. Okay so maybe I had a reaction to the shortcake, but I know a great place where they make the yummiest desserts and...we still didn't eat dinner yet."

Charlie gave a chuckle before looking into your soft eyes. "Where is this place?" You motioned towards the door. "Downtown on the west coast." The light in your husband's eyes came around again before he grabbed his keys and signaled for the door. "Last one to the car is a rotten egg!"

You giggled at the childlike side you shared with Charlie. "I'm gonna beat you!" You said before darting off to the car alongside your husband.

Hope you like this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!!

Bye!!!😉