Chapter 7: Sugar Daddy

Qingge may have had these thoughts but the reality was that Yujing was already paying for everything at the cash register. Once he finished he carried everything over to Qingge and said, "Let's go home since it's getting dark. If you want, we can come out again later."

"Yujing, do you need a hand?" Qingge looked at the bag bulging with groceries amazed they got so much. He was beaming to say the least.

"No it's OK. I'll carry them, you just worry about enjoying them." He reached out to hold Qingge's hand with his free one.

Qingge gripped Yujing's fingers between his, reveling in the feel of their entwined fingers. It made him feel like he was cocooned in a warm embrace, really putting his heart at ease.

...

Little Yuchen stayed at a boarding school so he only came back for meals during the day and on weekends. Currently it was only the two of them in the house.

Qingge sat in the bed with his bracelet in hand. He had taken everything out and was looking at what he had. There were two cards and an assortment of rare and unusual jewelry from his mom. With the exception of the two cards he was actually pretty poor!

*knock knock* Yujing stood outside with a plate piled high with different fruits.

Qingge was confused for a moment before he remembered he shared a room with Yujing. He called out lightly, "Come in!"

Yujing pushed the door open. "Hungry? I made a fruit salad. How about trying some?" He walked inside and raised his eyebrows in question at the pile of scattered objects on the bed. "What are you doing?"

Qingge blinked several times before moving over to the side to make room for the other to sit down. He pointed to the objects on the bed saying, "My reserves."

Yujing laughed in spite of himself. He speared a piece of peach with a fork and brought it to his lips for a bite. "Your reserves huh? It looks pretty small. How about I supplement it for you?" He offered the fruit plate to Qingge as he said so.

"Yujing I just realized I'm pretty poor! These are all the things my mother left me. I don't have anything else. I'm so upset!"

Yujing gathered the scattered items on the bed into a pile in the center before standing up and looking at Qingge who, despite his earlier words of dismay, was busily forking fruit into his mouth. His motions hadn't slowed down one bit. Considering his enthusiasm one had to wonder if he was really upset... Yujing jokingly said, "Think of these things as your dowry," before continuing in a more serious tone. "They're your reserve fund. You should put them away. If you need cash, just use mine. I'll support you."

*cough cough!* Qingge ended up nearly choking on his fruit. Dowry?! What dowry?! I was trying to explain what this stuff was, not ask for a treasury supplement from you! Besides isn't this kind of small for a dowry...

Yujing secretly smiled while patting Qingge on the back. "I really mean it. This is your inheritance from your mom and her family. Don't sell it for money. Just use mine instead. I don't mean anything else by it. We're lovers right? I'm more than happy to share what I have with you."

Qingge's face suddenly turned very serious. He counted out on his fingers as he spoke, "Yujing, the food I eat is all yours, the clothes I wear are all yours, and now you're telling me to use your money as I see fit? People are gonna think I'm a gold-digging gigolo. This kind of reputation..."

Qingge's distress would have been more believable if his happiness wasn't so obvious. Yujing saw the smirk on Qingge's face and couldn't help but laugh at his coyness. He moved closer to kiss Qingge on the corner of the lips. "Once again, so what? I'm yours. Don't tell me you actually care what others think? I want you to always be by my side. I want to hold you and love you and spoil the hell out of you. I've never thought of you as some kind of leech. I don't doubt that eventually you'll become independent and have the ability to stand on your own. At that time if you want to you can support me. How about that? I have no problems at all with being your gigolo then."