Chapter 11: At the Company

The beau in question looked at his husband working hard. "Yujing," he called out.

Yujing had been reviewing some documents when he heard the door open. Looking up he saw the person he'd been thinking about since morning. He immediately got up and went to hug Qingge.

Qingge had his hands full hanging onto the large bento box so all he could do was stand and be hugged. But when Yujing suddenly picked him up, he cried out in panic, his grip on the box becoming precarious. "Yujing!"

"Oh. Is that lunch? Are you tired? Hungry? Uncomfortable anywhere? Was your trip OK?" He laid Qingge down in a seated position on his lap as he sat down on the sofa.

It had only been a few hours, but lovesick fools will always feel like their parting had lasted an eternity.

Qingge had been on Yujing's mind all day. Did last night make him uncomfortable? Was traveling all the way here too much for him?

Qingge smiled slightly holding the bento box in his lap. Hearing the concern in Yujing's voice filled his heart with honey. As a result his voice was tender when he spoke. "I'm not hungry. I'm not tired. I'm not uncomfortable anywhere. I took a cab over. My body handled it fine. Don't worry. I'm fine. The trip was fine."

"How about I have someone chauffeur you. It might make it easier to get around." Yujing was like a fool drunk on seeing his love smile and be happy. He wanted to give Qingge everything he had.

Qingge laughed. "No that's OK. I'm weak, not disabled. Besides I want to get a driver's license later. So there's no need for a chauffeur. It's fine, honest. I like coming here to see you." Qingge raised his head and tilted his chin coquettishly, looking at Yujing. "I like that you treat me so well."

Yujing's brain immediately filtered the conversation and latched onto something he could help with. "Driver's license? I can help arrange that. After all there's no need to rush for university examinations. You can study for your driving exams first." He laughed thinking about it. "After you get one will you visit me every day at work?"

"Of course. Is there a computer I can use?" Qingge said before suddenly making a sound of exclamation. "Ah! I forgot my backpack. Are there any books I can read here?"

"There are books on the bookshelves. Feel free to use anything in the office." Yujing handed his laptop over as he said, "Here, you can use my laptop. Also your constitution is still very weak. Don't drink too much caffeinated stuff like tea or coffee. If you get hungry or thirsty, there's the soup and fruit salad. Make sure to not overeat though, OK? You should only drink hot water. If you need something just stick your head outside the office and call for Chen Han, he's my personal assistant. You met him the other day. I have an executive meeting to attend but you're free to stay and have a look around. You should make sure to only drink hot water.

Qingge nodded as he listened only speaking after Yujing finished. "Yujing, I know, I know. I'll be fine. Go to your meeting. Don't worry about me."

Yujing really was treating him like a child, but despite his long-winded nattering, Qingge didn't mind or feel offense over it. It showed Yujing cared, only someone who loved you deeply would go to all that trouble to lecture you like so. Qingge's thoughts on the matter were simple: If he's good to you, you should be good to him. Why be offended?

After Qingge saw Yujing to the door he returned to the couch and picked up the laptop, intent on returning to his manuscript. It had delighted him that the story was so well received. In fact it was so good he had earned a contract with Jinjiang for it. He could now legitimately call himself an author.

Work on a sequel, make money, support Yujing!

Outside Yujing stopped Assistant Chen Han from following him into the meeting. "Little Han, you don't have to follow me into the meeting. Send Secretary Liu instead. I want you to go to buy some sweet desserts instead. Avoid anything with mangos, gooseberries, or green dates. Get lots of fresh sweet desserts."