Chapter 11

Boiled Salt

        After collecting the blue wood, Bai Mu looked at the blue ocean. Looking around, it is blue, which is undoubtedly very eye-catching for visitors on earth. A breeze blew through the blue wood and swayed with the wind, and the blue ocean was full of waves, giving it a unique style.

  "Big Brother Bai Mu, what do you want these blue woods for?" Anqiluo asked curiously when he saw that he had collected a lot of blue woods of different thickness.

  "These can be used not only for eating tools, but also for weaving and loading utensils." Bai Mu is now satisfied, and his goal today has been achieved, which is smoother than he expected. I'll pick some barro fruit later and go back to make salt, and his task of going out today is considered complete.

  "Oh, Brother Bai Mu, you know so much, your tribe must be amazing." Anqiluo said enviously.

  "It's okay." Bai Mu replied vaguely. He didn't know if it was a good place. Now his only concern for it was his elderly parents.

  "It's almost time for us to go back." Seeing that Bai Mu's face was not good, Celtic turned the subject away, worried that he was homesick.

  "Well, let's go pick some barro fruit and go back." Bai Mu retracted his thoughts and cheered up. He still had a lot to do.

  "Let's go then." At the request of his little lover, Lei Zhe also collected some blue wood for him according to the size of the blue wood collected by Bai Mu.

  Celt took them to pick some Barro fruit nearby, stuffed Bai Mu's backpack full, and a group of people returned with a load. Lunch is prepared by Anqilou, broth and barbecue. Bai Mu was helpless. For him who likes to eat, the top priority is how to improve the food.

  After lunch Celtic and Lei Zhe went out hunting, Bai Mu and Anqiluo took a lunch break. The little lion did not know where to go after eating.

  In the afternoon, Bai Mu and Angelo peeled off the skin of the Barro fruit, leaving only the white and somewhat rough flesh. While peeling the skin, Bai Mu wondered arrogantly, how this fruit grows is amazing. I don’t know if MSG-flavored fruits will appear in the future. If there are soy sauce, sour vinegar and other flavored fruits, he will be complete.

  "Big Brother Bai Mu, how do you do it after peeling it?" Anqiluo's voice pulled him back from his infinite thoughts.

  "I think about it." He really didn't think about how to do it. Do you just boil the salt out? What about the pulp? Will the shelf life of the pulp be reduced? Bai Mu couldn't figure it out, so he was going to try it out first.

  Just when he was preparing to act, he suddenly stopped. The clay pot seems to be intolerant to high temperatures, right? It seemed that it would crack if the temperature was too high, and Bai Mu didn't know what to do for a while. In the end, there was really no way for Bai Mu to take out a small iron pot from the space. Anqiluo watched curiously as he took out a black object from his room, not knowing what it was for.

  Bai Mu puts the pot on the fire, puts water in the pot, then puts the Barrow pulp and simmers it until the water evaporates leaving a layer of white particles on the bottom of the pot. The pulp problem he was worried about did not exist at all. The pulp seemed to have melted in the water and evaporated. Just as the orcs marveled at the earth civilization, he also marveled at the strangeness of the orc world.

  "Big Brother Bai with the white particles is the salt you said?" Anqiluo looked at the white crystals at the bottom of the pot that were the same as the salt that Big Brother Bai Mu gave him.

  "Yes, put this in a small clay pot and use it later when you need it. As long as it is kept in a dry place for a long time, it won’t break. This can also be used to marinate meat, so that meat can also be used. It is kept for a long time."

  "Really?" Anqilou was pleasantly surprised, knowing that food is scarce in winter and people in the tribe often go hungry. If meat can be preserved for a long time, prepare more food in the fall and you can spend a rich winter.

  "Yeah, what did I lie to you for?" Bai Mu wondered why he was so excited.

  "Big Brother Bai Mu, you know that our tribe doesn't have enough food every winter. If we can keep the food for a long time, then the winter won't be so difficult." After receiving the affirmative answer, Anqiluo was excited.

  "Oh, then I will teach you to marinate meat." Bai Mu meditated whether he was going to see in the evening to see if there were any iron-making books, he had to get some iron pots, and then he had to make cooking oil. Fry the meat. But now that tools are behind, it is very difficult to do anything.

  "Great." Anqiluo was very excited. He couldn't restrain his excitement when he thought of not going hungry in winter. Looking at his simple happiness, Bai Mu sighed in his heart for how simple people are, that they only pursued food and clothing.

  Speaking that the two were about to collect the salt at the bottom of the pot, Bai Mu was worried again, he lacked damn tools. He hurriedly saw the next section of thick blue wood, and cut a shovel with a wide bottom and a narrow top to collect the salt. Anqiluo looked at his sequence of movements and his eyes were full of worship.

  "Anqilou, are you there?" A clear voice came from outside the cave.

  "I'm here, Nishizawa, come in quickly." Anqilou responded loudly, with excitement in his voice.

  "Anqilou, I heard that there is an extra female in your house. I'll come over and take a look." At this moment, a cute boy with brown hair and a round face walked into the cave. The boy was a little shy when he saw Bai Mu.

  "Nishizawa, this is Bai Mu, he is older than us." Anqiluo introduced the two enthusiastically, and the two greeted each other.

  Nishizawa noticed what they were doing and asked curiously: "What are you doing?"

  "Big Brother Bai Mu is teaching me to boil salt." Anqilou explained to him happily.

  "What is boiled salt? And what is salt?" Nishizawa looked at them curiously with a pair of beautiful cat eyes. Anqiluo popularized what Bai Mu had taught him to Nishizawa again. Nishizawa was surprised and delighted. Bai Mu looked at the expressions of Nishizawa and Anqiluo amusedly, thinking that these two children are really cute.

  "Big Brother Bai Mu, you are really amazing." Both Nishizawa and Anqiluo looked at Bai Mu with admiration. Fortunately, he had a thick skin, otherwise he would be really embarrassed. With the addition of Nishizawa, the task of making salt was handed over to both of them. Bai Mu picked up the blue wood he brought back in the morning, prepared to make a few bamboo tubes to drink with water, and a few pairs of chopsticks. The extra material was used to practice knitting.

  Bai Mu took out the hacksaw, took a blue wood with a thick wrist and saw it down section by section with a hacksaw. Considering that the blue wood floor is lighter and the water cup may be easy to fall, he chose the section with the two ends sealed and used a small section. The drill bit opened one end. In this way, even if the cup is poured, the water will not overflow immediately, and you can use a cork stopper to serve as a kettle when you go out.

  After sawing off the open end, Bai Mu broke it open with a knife and cut it into bamboo chopsticks. During the past two days, he had been eating with his hands to make his hands greasy, and it was not easy to clean, which made him feel uncomfortable.